Looking for a studebaker tailgate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a studebaker tailgate

I'm searching for a studebaker tailgate off of a truck. I would like to build a "tailgate bench" as a engagement present for my girlfriend, and well of course I get to enjoy it for the rest of my life as well. I am looking to purchase soon so it gives me a few months to design and fabricate it.

I would like to stay around 100$ for the tailgate and I'm assuming it will need to be shipped as I live in wisconsin.

I was watching one on ebay but it was ended early for some reason. If you have anything laying around or know of anything please let me know.

Thanks

I've seen your ad on Appleton craigslist looking for a tailgate! Small world. Have you tried calling Zeb's in Tigerton? Or there is a place near there called Hillside salvage which I know had at least one Studebaker pick-up.

Comment

Yep, that's my ad. And I didn't even think of zebs but I should give them a try. And I have not heard of the other place but i'll look them up.

Thanks!

Originally posted by Zenwren View Post
      I've seen your ad on Appleton craigslist looking for a tailgate! Small world. Have you tried calling Zeb's in Tigerton? Or there is a place near there called Hillside salvage which I know had at least one Studebaker pick-up.

Comment

I have a nice on from a 60 champ truck it is the from the fendered style bed and not the thick dodge style bed, this is the real style gate in nice condition also, they are hard to find in good condition. $100.00 plus shipping and it is yours, I'am in California......Bob
        Candbstudebakers
        Castro Valley,
        California

Comment

Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
          I have a nice on from a 60 champ truck it is the from the fendered style bed and not the thick dodge style bed, this is the real style gate in nice condition also, they are hard to find in good condition. $100.00 plus shipping and it is yours, I'am in California......Bob
          Bob, could you post a photo of the tailgate if you have time.

Thanks.

Comment

I've got a complete short box from a 61 champ with a decent tailgate. $450. for the whole box.

Comment

Originally posted by 63avanti. View Post
              Bob, could you post a photo of the tailgate if you have time.

Thanks.
              The picture was posted with the whole bed in the thread going to China but here it is for you..

Candbstudebakers
              Castro Valley,
              California

Comment

p.m. sent..
                Last edited by 63avanti.; 02-10-2014, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X