PDA

View Full Version : Nice '66 Cruiser on eBay

Bill Pressler
02-02-2014, 01:34 PM
OK, I'm not in love with the color, but a nice car. I love those last Cruisers with a vinyl top, but those pics sure give me pause about owning one.

Still, a very neat car. Knowing what I know now, I'd have sure considered one in '66. Perfect size and packaging IMHO.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Studebaker-Cruiser-Base-1966-studebaker-cruiser-base-4-6-l-/261387848679?forcerrptr=true&hash=item3cdbee0be7&item=261387848679&pt=US_Cars_Trucks#ht_765wt_1186

Warren Webb
02-02-2014, 01:41 PM
Nice car but the rust bubbles I see under the vinyl top should be taken care of NOW! My Daytona looked like that & when I removed the vinyl I was greeted by some nasty holes. Very well equipped car though with air & disc brakes.

2R5
02-02-2014, 01:53 PM
I agree with Warren , the car has some serious issues that could be very expensive for sure.

studegary
02-02-2014, 03:09 PM
OK, I'm not in love with the color, but a nice car. I love those last Cruisers with a vinyl top

This brings up memories. Just this past Friday, I went to the funeral of a guy that lived next door to a guy with an even rarer 1965 Cruiser with a vinyl top. No, he no longer has the car and I do not know what happened to it.

Bill Pressler
02-02-2014, 06:22 PM
This brings up memories. Just this past Friday, I went to the funeral of a guy that lived next door to a guy with an even rarer 1965 Cruiser with a vinyl top. No, he no longer has the car and I do not know what happened to it.

I've only ever seen one '65 Cruiser with a vinyl top...it was silver with black vinyl top, in a fenced-in area in a city long forgotten by me, in South Carolina in the mid-eighties. The vinyl top looks great on that era Cruiser I think.

stude dude
02-02-2014, 07:34 PM
It looks pretty original inside and is well optioned like many 1966 Cruisers.

Chris.

1962larksedan
02-02-2014, 07:56 PM
I'll play: what's with the generator since by ca. 1964 I thought all Studes had alternators...............

BobPalma
02-02-2014, 08:17 PM
I'll play: what's with the generator since by ca. 1964 I thought all Studes had alternators...............

Good catch, Pierce; 'hadn't noticed that myself! ;)

Yes, Studebakers had alternators in 1963 through the end of production. They were pretty flimsy Prestolite units and expensive to rebuild, so conversions have been done to a few Chrysler alternators and, now, to one-wire Delcotrons.

Chances are pretty good someone had that generator sitting around and decided to "go" with it...incorporating an old-fashioned regulator somewhere under the hood, too.

That is strange. :ohmy: BP

Mark57
02-03-2014, 02:04 PM
Since a couple of nits were being picked... I had to look twice to confirm it was a Cruiser when I first saw the ad. If you check out the front end only you will see that the grill panels and the headlight surrounds are not Cruiser/Daytona types but are the Commander/Wagonaire style. Now this does not matter a bit in the grand scheme of things - unless you are striving for a 300 pointer, :woot: but it does suggest that at some point there was some front end damage and these pieces were replaced. ;)

My 2 cents.