It doesn't look right to me....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It doesn't look right to me....

This eBay Hawk seems odd to me.... the grille badge is in the wrong place, and those aren't Silver Hawk fins, are they?

The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Lots of mods here (GH fin setup)....but at least it's all Stude! (well..exhaust defectors.....)

Comment

I like the looks of this arrangement,not so much the fender welting though.
      Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

This one looks great from 100 feet, but there are serious bodywork issues, peeling Bondo etc. PLUSES: the Interior is good and it has Overdrive.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I don't think it's all that serious,it's the rear fender and can be made right with a little effort. I gotta chuckle though,here We go with the Bondo thingy again,just where do you guys buy your materials .
          Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
          This one looks great from 100 feet, but there are serious bodywork issues, peeling Bondo etc. PLUSES: the Interior is good and it has Overdrive.
          Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

The fins and trim detail at the fins is 57 golden hawk, since it is a 58 hawk the grille badge is wrong it should be the large round one in the center of the grille.
            Candbstudebakers
            Castro Valley,
            California

Comment

Originally posted by 63t-cab View Post
              I don't think it's all that serious,it's the rear fender and can be made right with a little effort. I gotta chuckle though,here We go with the Bondo thingy again,just where do you guys buy your materials .
              Yes Joe, some product slang just seems to 'stick' with people! By the way,...I'll be in touch with You VERY shortly on that Corvette door delivery....Ed

Comment

Originally posted by 63t-cab View Post

Did you ever buy Gelatin Desert that was NOT JELLO Joe?
                In case you haven't heard, Plastic Resin Body Filler is still referred to as...
                wait for it! Bondo!
                Last edited by StudeRich; 02-01-2014, 10:55 PM.
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Rich, allow Me too bring YOU up too speed. "BONDO" is a trade name and nothing more ! I used to hear the body guys complain about being stereo typed as being un educated ignorant people that could get by from working on cars in the dirty old body shops back in the day. when I hear the term "BONDO" it brings back the ignorant scenario ! if I were to have too use it again "but I wouldn't" I'd first get My Self an appropriate hat that I could wear SIDE WAYS and with any luck still sorta be in fashion ! so ya I have heard,where do you think I acquired My pet peeve about the under the rock slang?let Me guess Rich,You must have watched the History channel recently about Gelatin ?

wait for it! Bondo!
                  Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

I have to agree with StudeRich on the Bondo reference. That's a term so many people use generically for any type of body filler. Nothing wrong with that. Have two retired cousins who worked all their adult lives for a dealership's paint and body shop (80 plus years total), and they used the term bondo. Body fillers keep changing in content and name, so Bondo has kind of become a common term, like "Kleenex." Bigger things to disagree on that this I think.

Comment

So You go into the auto body supply jobber,and say I want to buy some Bondo! IF they happen too have that product they'll through it at You.if you're lucky,they'll say - well We do have some good products from say "Evercoat,Marson,etc." that they would rather sell You,the same product that a reputable body shop would use. next thing I know these guys are gonna tell Me that all Skid Steers are "Bobcats" right ? or that all circular saws are "Skill" saws? . I used to work in the body shops too,and refused to use the term for My purposes.
                      Originally posted by sochocki View Post
                      I have to agree with StudeRich on the Bondo reference. That's a term so many people use generically for any type of body filler. Nothing wrong with that. Have two retired cousins who worked all their adult lives for a dealership's paint and body shop (80 plus years total), and they used the term bondo. Body fillers keep changing in content and name, so Bondo has kind of become a common term, like "Kleenex." Bigger things to disagree on that this I think.
                      Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

wait for it! Bondo!
                        Maybe back in 1960 Rich. Today, no self respecting bodyman would use the term!

Comment

Well I have a lot of self respect.
                          And we still call it Bondo! Even though I have not even seen bondo in the past 25 years.
                          And when I go to my body supply shop ...I just ask for a couple of gallons of Bondo and the put up Evercoat or 3M up on the counter.
                          To say "Please give me a gallon of light weight plastic body filler" is just not happening.
                          I am with you Rich!
                          Good Roads
                          Brian
                          Brian Woods
                          woodysrods@shaw.ca
                          1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Originally posted by woodysrods View Post
                            Well I have a lot of self respect.
                            And we still call it Bondo! Even though I have not even seen bondo in the past 25 years.
                            And when I go to my body supply shop ...I just ask for a couple of gallons of Bondo and the put up Evercoat or 3M up on the counter.
                            To say "Please give me a gallon of light weight plastic body filler" is just not happening.
                            I am with you Rich!
                            Good Roads
                            Brian
                            If You're actually doing that then You're probably missing out. Modern body fillers are definitely not all created equal....You should shop around and ask questions...and refer to the products by their correct names.

Comment

Give it a rest, guys.
                              Has nothing to do with the Hawk.
                              The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Working...
                              X