PDA

View Full Version : Steve Blake in Success magazine '83 , been shown here ?

shifter4
01-31-2014, 04:41 PM
I've just scanned the article into my computer .
Has it been put up here ? i did a nominal search , but....

8E45E
01-31-2014, 06:22 PM
Not sure, but could this article be similar? http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/showthread.php?6739-Regardie-s-mag-article-Blake-buys-Avanti-lots-pic&highlight=blake+regardie

Craig

JBOYLE
01-31-2014, 08:02 PM
Another great article about Blake and his plans for Avanti can be found in the first issue (May 1984) of Collectable Automobile. He also had some interesting comments about Newman & Altman.

I found it on an Avanti site:
http://theavanti.net/blakeinterviewwindow.html

shifter4
01-31-2014, 08:03 PM
Not sure, but could this article be similar? http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/showthread.php?6739-Regardie-s-mag-article-Blake-buys-Avanti-lots-pic&highlight=blake+regardie

Craig
No , this is a completely different article . I always hesitate to post magazine articles , thinking that
that might be a legal problem .
I can post it ....
The article in the link you posted is more complete , but this is a 4 pager .

SN-60
01-31-2014, 08:13 PM
My '83 Avanti came from the business deal between the Newman/Altman families and Steven Blake....The Families accepted a couple of Avantis as part of the deal...and I ended up with one of these cars.

StudeRich
01-31-2014, 09:23 PM
That story is incredible! It may have taken 2 hours with a few interruptions, but it was worth it, that is a huge group of stories, Leonard is helping us still. :!:

showbizkid
02-01-2014, 12:10 AM
If you wish to post scans of magazine articles on third-party websites like Flickr (as Leonard did in the other cited thread), or on your own server, and link to them here, I can't stop you. But please don't upload them directly to the Forum server as we might be liable for copyright infringement, and I would be obliged to remove them. :)

shifter4
02-01-2014, 08:33 AM
If you wish to post scans of magazine articles on third-party websites like Flickr (as Leonard did in the other cited thread), or on your own server, and link to them here, I can't stop you. But please don't upload them directly to the Forum server as we might be liable for copyright infringement, and I would be obliged to remove them. :)

Thank you , that is the answer that I was looking for. I will make a set for the article , and post
a link .
Else-wise , how about a scan of a pic or a single page from a 40-50 yr old magazine , some of which
still exist , or have been incorporated into newer titles ?
Also , I have some old magazines that are truly defunct . If credit is given etc who's to sue ?
Also when we post pics etc from URL , rather than upload to the Forum , is the Forum implicated ?

showbizkid
02-01-2014, 10:11 AM
Thank you , that is the answer that I was looking for. I will make a set for the article , and post
a link .
Else-wise , how about a scan of a pic or a single page from a 40-50 yr old magazine , some of which
still exist , or have been incorporated into newer titles ?
Also , I have some old magazines that are truly defunct . If credit is given etc who's to sue ?
Also when we post pics etc from URL , rather than upload to the Forum , is the Forum implicated ?

To answer your last question first: No, the Forum holds no liability for materials on other sites or servers which are referenced in postings here.

Which pretty much answers the rest of your questions too :) I would generally say that if you're going to scan a magazine article, just host it on Flickr or Photobucket or some such. If it doesn't run afoul of their TOS, then it's fine!

SN-60
02-01-2014, 11:03 AM
Steven Blake's Avanti enterprise could have gone either way. Unfortunately, it went south. But with 'one foot on a banana peel' like He had, it's no wonder He smoked so many cigarettes!