Universal In tank fuel pump system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel System: Universal In tank fuel pump system

This seemed to be an interesting in tank fuel pump system: http://aeromotiveinc.com/products-pa...h-fuel-system/

Click image for larger version

Name:	18689.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	1742457

They seem to start around $450, and may be a good choice for anybody thinking of doing a serious engine swap (I've heard reports that the GM LS Motors in particular don't like the cheapie in line pumps)

Thanks Phillip. I'm planning on an LS swap so this might do the trick.

Comment

Quite welcome. It seemed like a cool thing.

Comment

High quality stuff.
        Running one of their A1000 pumps and regulator on The Black Car...
        Definitely overkill on a stock Stude, though.... EFI only...
        Here's a video....

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I bought a really nice 17 gallon tank from an Infiniti J30, with all the fittings, tubes and hoses, electrical connector, gage sender and immersed fuel pump for $50 at the local Pick and Pull salvage yard. This is a pump suitable for fuel injection. This tank sits inside the trunk on the Infiniti, and it is now inside the trunk of my 48 Champion. The photo shows the pump pressure and return lines and electrical connector. Pump and gage sender are in the same unit. If this particular unit does not adapt easily to your tank, there are many different units available to pick from.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2680.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	1687598
          Trying to build a 48 Studebaker for the 21st century.
          See more of my projects at stilettoman.info

Comment

Tons of in tank pump setups out there that will do an LS1 just fine, simply go cruise the pick n pulls. Nowhere near the $450 price tag. Want a new one? Less than $100 will do the trick... (Do an ebay search.) JMHO
            Corley

Comment

On the swap of an L98, I spent a good deal of.time installing an intank fuel pump. On the swap of an LS1, things have naturally progressed. I investigated to find an intank pump was no longer necessary. Neither for cooling or noise. Having said that, everything that mounted the filter, pump, or regulator were resilient. You may see my installation in my album here on the website.
              Last edited by grobb284; 02-02-2014, 09:43 AM.
              sigpic 1963 Studebaker Avanti: LS1 motor and T-56 transmission have been moved rearward, set up as a two seat coupe with independent rear suspension. Complex solutions for nonexistant problems.

Comment

Originally posted by grobb284 View Post
                On the swap of an L98, I spent a good deal of.time installing an intank fuel pump. On the swap of an LS1, things have naturally progressed. I investigated to find an intank pump was no longer necessary. Neither for cooling or noise. Having said that, everything that mounted the filter, pump, or regulator were resilient. You may see my installation in my album here on the website.
                Great build. I appreciate the process.
                '53 Commander
                Art Morrison chassis
                LS6 ASA/4L60E

Comment

I used the Ford inline pump (off a late 80's/early 90's F-150) on my Turbo Pinto project. While a 4 cylinder might need less fuel volume when the boost comes on..., maybe not. I wonder how many of the issues people have with an inline relate to the placement. For fuel return I just soldered a piece of tubing to a hole drilled in sending unit. Zero problems.

I'm more like 48 Skyliner in doing the economical adaptation. But, if you have the money it is yours to spend as you please.
                  '64 Lark Type, powered by '85 Corvette L-98 (carburetor), 700R4, - CASO to the Max.

Comment

I bought the kit from tanks installed the pump in the tank needed to be a little deeper had trouble when the tank got half empty so I called rock valley ordered a tank and pump off of them solved my problem that was my first and last fuel injection experience very expensive

Comment

Working...
                    X