Found a 57 Silver Hawk for $2,500 OBO - sort of "all there"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found a 57 Silver Hawk for $2,500 OBO - sort of "all there"

I was at the grocery store yesterday and someone put a note on my 59 Silver Hawk that said "There's a Studebaker for sale for $2500 OBO" and then listed a local road.

I went by there today, and it turned out to be a 6 cylinder 57 Silver Hawk.

I made a bunch of pics.

I've been working on my Silver Hawk, and I need another like I need a hole in the head.

But I'm still pondering it.

The body is rusty, the doorskins are rusted through at the bottoms, the trunk is REAL rusty, the interior actually looks pretty good, and I don't know what the chassis looks like (It was raining and my meeting wouldn't approve of dirty dress pants)

Click image for larger version

Name:	1957 Silver Hawk LoL (48).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	157.0 KB
ID:	1742450Click image for larger version

Name:	1957 Silver Hawk LoL (51).jpg
Size:	150.1 KB
ID:	1742451Click image for larger version

Name:	1957 Silver Hawk LoL (61).jpg
Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	1742452Click image for larger version

Name:	1957 Silver Hawk LoL (39).jpg
Size:	115.7 KB
ID:	1742454Click image for larger version

Name:	1957 Silver Hawk LoL (17).jpg
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	1742455

rusty trunkClick image for larger version

Name:	1957 Silver Hawk LoL (31).jpg
Size:	144.3 KB
ID:	1742456Click image for larger version

Name:	1957 Silver Hawk LoL (74).jpg
Size:	114.7 KB
ID:	1742453

And, oh yeah (to add insult to rusty injury) - no title, only a bill of sale

So any opinions? I have no idea what a rusted hulk that needs lots of work is worth!
    Last edited by pbrown; 01-31-2014, 12:22 PM.

Seriously rusty. Looks like a quasi remade interior. Looks like maybe 5 to 800.00 to me. jimmijim
    sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

If I am reading that S/N plate correctly on my small screen, that Hawk is the 55th six cylinder car made in South Bend for the 1957 model year (of all body styles).
      Since there were 14 different six cylinder model cars for 1957, that Hawk is probably one of the first, if not the first, one built.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

That much rust in the body tells me look out for the frame, buy it for about $300.00 max and I can sell you every thing you need to make a new car, even a real engine a V-8
        Candbstudebakers
        Castro Valley,
        California

Comment

I'm not a Studebaker expert but in general I'd call that a lot of rust. Unless the Silver Hawk is an ultra-desirable model I'd be way under $1000 on it.

Comment

That '55 Stude. Pink should polish right up!
            Interesting that it does not have the '57 Steering Wheel, they may have used up some '56 Columns and Wheels on the early Sixes. The Interior looks a lot better than the rest, it would make an OK Parts Car.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

If it has PARTS "You" may need and those parts are in usable condition, the $300 Max price Candbstudebakers suggested is what I would agree with ....... If the car had a much higher price listed on the sign; that's another thing to overcome.
              JimsLeadCommander

Comment

I agree, it's a parts car at best. Looks like the salty air has gotten to it. The interior, dash and glass look usable. I think scrap metal value plus a little more would be all I would offer.
                Pat Dilling
                Olivehurst, CA
                Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

I like the color scheme a lot.
                  KURTRUK
                  (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                  X