Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Metallic upholstery in 1959 Silver Hawk - available anywhere?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior: Metallic upholstery in 1959 Silver Hawk - available anywhere?

I'm working on my interior door cards. I found my vinyl and cloth material at SMS upholstery, but no luck so far on the Metallic upholstery that's in the "inserts"

Here's a picture from my "power windows in a Hawk" thread so you can see the pattern:

Click image for larger version

Name:	final.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	1742448

I figured I'd also use the material in the inset part of the window switch pod.

If I can't find it, I guess I'll go with engine turned vinyl, but I thought I'd give the original material a try first...

Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

It is a very simple design imprint, some other Car Co. like Chrysler maybe, must have used this stuff on '57 and '58's that had a lot of "glitter" like that.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Good suggestion! I emailed Rene earlier today, and he did indeed have the Mylar. A set for the panels is $150.00 plus S/H.

Since this will be surrounding a VERY non stock power window switch on my car, I'm not sure that it's worth $150 to me to stay stock on the Mylar...

Comment

Hello, pbrown,
          It's been a few years, but I'm almost certain that SMS is where I got some of the same material for my Lark. NLA?
          Best of luck,
          JSC

Comment

Originally posted by Play Wagon View Post
            Hello, pbrown,
            It's been a few years, but I'm almost certain that SMS is where I got some of the same material for my Lark. NLA?
            Best of luck,
            JSC
            Thanks for the possibility, but SMS sent me samples of vinyl, cloth, carpet, headliner and 2 different windlaces! So I'd say I got all the samples they had!

Comment

Why not experiment? Get some cheap vinyl from WalMart, and a can of Dupli-Color "chrome" spray, and follow up with clear coat. Or get one of those mylar/foil helium balloons, and use spray adhesive to stick it onto a piece of vinyl.
              Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Those emergency survival blankets are mylar too.

Comment

My 56 was reupholstered back in the late 90's, way before I bought it.
                  I was told the metallic pieces came from the inside of a firemans coat.
                  If so, that was REALLY thinking out of the box.
                  South Lompoc Studebaker

Comment

Working...
                  X