Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Studebaker Glass and Rubber - experiences?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Glass and Rubber - experiences?

Hi there,

I'd like people's opinions on Studebaker Glass and Rubber please.

I ordered a new windshield around 7 weeks ago. I emailed them to ask where it was to which I had a reply regarding the size of the package and that it'll have to be repackaged. Fair enough.
    I gave it a week then emailed again to ask how it's going to which i've had no replies, I've also rang them everyday and all I get is an answering machine.

I'm sure they're genuine but i'm starting to get a little nervous now as I can't contact them.
    I'm about to cancel the credit card payment but thought i'd try to get some feedback from you guys as someone hopefully knows why I'm having no luck.
    He may be on holiday for all I know and being in a different country I'm at a loss

Any replies appreciated, feel free to PM me if need be

Thanks, Aaron.

Doesn't it usually take 3 or 4 Months to go by Boat to Australia? UPDATE: OK the UK, same story.

I am guessing that you did not buy this from one of the larger SDC Member Stude. Vendors like Studebaker International or Studebakers West etc.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 01-27-2014, 01:01 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Well, Rich, the UK is a long way from Australia. It's probably a shipping problem. Where is Studebaker Glass and Rubber located?
      Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

That's my question. Who is it you bought from? I don't think I've ever heard of Studebaker Glass and Rubber.
        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Hi guys,

It's from these guys and going to the UK via air so shouldn't take too long, he said he's sent windshields to Europe before

They aren't answering their phones or email.

I'd be grateful if someone could try and give them a quick call to see whether they get through or get the answering machine like me.

Thanks Aaron.

Comment

http://studebakerglass.com Idaho !!

Comment

Hi mate, any dealings with them??

Really getting worried now!

I can't find their number on the website, not sure where I got it from originally now.

Comment

No sorry no dealings at all
                Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	1687492
                Is this them ???

Comment

Does it look moody to you?

Comment

I went to their website and got this information:
                    4150 S Streeter Ave, Idaho Falls, Idaho
                    208 390-6306

They state they are having some problems with their credit card processing but to call them directly. They look legit, but I have not dealt with them.
                    Ed Sallia
                    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

I bought my windshield and rubber from Russ Jenks {studebaker glass.com} Idaho Falls Idaho. This number is from that website posted on the forum 208 390 6306 Russ is listed as belonging to the forum {gtfan}He lists his business and name in the about me section} as {studebakerglass.com} AKA {Champ Specialty Parts} . I bought my windshield and gasket/seal this past Nov and had it within 2 weeks. I Found my receipt credit card purchase. The number on the website coencides with my receipt. cheers jimmijim
                      Last edited by jimmijim8; 01-27-2014, 02:21 PM.
                      sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Hi guys, just spoke to Russ at Stude glass, he's been on a cruise, just got back.

Panic over.

Thanks for your help.

Much appreciated!

Comment

there ya go. jimmijim
                          Originally posted by Stude Star View Post
                          Hi guys, just spoke to Russ at Stude glass, he's been on a cruise, just got back.

Panic over.

Thanks for your help.

Much appreciated!
                          sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Originally posted by Stude Star View Post

Panic over.

Thanks for your help.

Much appreciated!
                            Hope he didn't get sick,
                            sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
                            Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
                            "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

I don't think I would want to be on a cruise for 7 weeks. 7 days is about all I can handle. cheers jimmijim

Comment

Working...
                              X