PDA

View Full Version : '56 PowerHawk - $1,000 - South King County - 12th Man Madness Taken to New Heights

hausdok
01-27-2014, 11:53 AM
http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/4306046040.html

GThawkwind
01-27-2014, 09:06 PM
"This car is worthy of a resotoration for this type of vehicle, not as an original example but if you feel so inclinde it is a good start"
Why wouldn't it be worthy as an original resto? That seems kinda harsh to insinuate that the way it would deserve restoration is as a fan tribute mobile.

hausdok
01-28-2014, 12:18 AM
Yo,

I'm not selling it. I just saw the CL ad and posted the link. Those are questions you can ask of the seller if you're so inclined.

GThawkwind
01-28-2014, 01:33 AM
I didn't think you were, and I can't complain about the seller its well described, and a very fair price. That one comment seemed offensive to the car although I would highly doubt it was even kinda meant that way. If the seller happens to read this no offense was intended, I don't have any problem with fan tribute cars either, I tried to talk my brother into buying a 69 caddy that had painted in MN Vikings livery a couple years ago.

hausdok
01-28-2014, 02:12 AM
I doubt the seller even hangs here. If he or she did I don't think we'd see such a tacky sales tactic used.

jimmijim8
01-28-2014, 05:37 AM
The guy had a brain fart. Buy it for 500.00 before he scraps it. cheers jimmijim

wolfie
01-28-2014, 08:12 AM
The guy had a brain fart. Buy it for 500.00 before he scraps it. cheers jimmijim

Thats good advice there. I would think this car would be worth 1K all day long. Steve

evilhawk
01-28-2014, 10:00 AM
1k is not a bad deal for that car. I have paid more for less in the past.

southbend
01-28-2014, 10:15 AM
From the ad:
"Possible trades too, antiques, or anything neat, but we would prefer Presidents."
I'm guessing the seller doesn't mean Studebaker Presidents.
Hope someone at least saves this car for its parts, even if it doesn't get restored.

MChance
01-28-2014, 10:24 AM
I am headed down this morning to take a look and see whats left worth saving.

Chris Pile
01-28-2014, 10:27 AM
Good luck!

Studeous
01-28-2014, 10:30 AM
The SeaHawks may need to bring this Hawk and the Kitchen sink, to the Super Bowl showdown.

hausdok
01-28-2014, 10:52 AM
The SeaHawks may need to bring this Hawk and the Kitchen sink, to the Super Bowl showdown.

I'm not into TV sports of any sort.

You wouldn't believe the insanity going on around here over this Superbowl shot. It's getting really nuts. My wife is Korean and she and a bunch of her Korean friends were all clustered around the TV set watching that Seattle/San Francisco game. I was in the garage working on my P.H. chassis. It was strange to come in to get a soft drink and see a bunch of Korean men and women crowded around a TV set watching an American sport, all chattering away in Korean, and going nuts every time Seattle made a successful play or a touchdown. Heck, I can't remember my wife ever watching any sport on television except golf - another "sport" I don't enjoy watching on television. I just went back to the garage and cranked up the volume on my Irish folk music CD.

If Seattle loses this again there are going to be a lot of really depressed folks driving around here on the road. If that happens, maybe the safest thing to do would be to shut down my business for a week afterward to avoid driving and having to deal with disappointed Seahawks fan drivers bent on self destruction. :confused:

mmagic
01-28-2014, 11:32 AM
Or I could bring it to Denver and paint it Bronco orange.... or salvage a few 12 volt parts for the Speedster.

GThawkwind
01-28-2014, 09:04 PM
I doubt the seller even hangs here. If he or she did I don't think we'd see such a tacky sales tactic used.
Its happened before, it's so easy to start a fight with someone separated from you by a cat 5 cable that I'm just trying To cover all bases. With fan cars if its just paint it's nothing a barf bucket, belt sander, and some satin black won't fix. But I shudder to picture it with a big beak hangin' off the front . As for the caddy I mentioned in a previous post it had been that way since near new, and had pictures with mascots from the '70s, making it a little different.