PDA

View Full Version : Found: Studebakers-this time closer to Denver

doc lipton
01-26-2014, 11:52 PM
I have found a new (to me) Colorado salvage yard that is "culling" its older vehicles to make room for more modern ones that are more consistent with its current business. To me, these older machines are too good to lose and they are inexpensive. Consistent with my current Mission in Life, the saving of cars of my youth, I hope to find homes for many vehicles. The small list below is a starting point only, for to post details and photos of each vehicle in the massive field would be a daunting task if done all at once. If you find one or more of the Studebakers below to be of interest, please let me know and I, and the owner, will provide details and photos. Transport is available. Despite the usual historical significance accorded to Studebaker/Packard/Nash vehicles, the latter vehicles have been intentionally withheld for the sake of adherence to the Studebaker theme of the Forum. I hope these Studebaker examples are of interest to the Forum and I hope and believe that these machines are just the beginning of a great series of treasures.

1940 Studebaker, no title, 5 photos, $1300
1949 Studebaker Champion, no rust, no title, 5 photos, $1200
1949-51 Studebaker 2 ton truck, parts only, no title

Doc Lipton of Denver doc_lipton@yahoo.com

StudeDave57
01-27-2014, 12:32 PM
Two things~

pictures/details about the BIG truck please!!!
Non-Studes are allowed, just post them in Hugger's.
No one will mind- that's what that Forum is for.
You might be shocked to learn how many of us have more then just Studes.

Thank you for taking the time to try and save as many as can be saved. :!:

doc lipton
01-27-2014, 01:01 PM
[QUOTE=StudeDave57;816807] Two things~

pictures/details about the BIG truck please!!!
Non-Studes are allowed, just post them in Hugger's.
No one will mind- that's what that Forum is for.
You might be shocked to learn how many of us have more then just Studes.

Thank you for taking the time to try and save as many as can be saved. :!:

/QUOTE]

Many thanks for your kind comments. Because I love all of the old machines I can overlook the idea that others may not like them all. Anyway, a solutions has been found, as you suggest. My mission moves on and I am satisfied. Thanks again for your kind suport.

I hope to have photos and details on the 2 ton for you very soon. The owner is very busy but he does want to clear his lot. I can ask the price also. Do you have a ballpark figure? Between us.Doc

StudeDave57
01-27-2014, 02:40 PM
I hope to have photos and details on the 2 ton for you very soon. The owner is very busy but he does want to clear his lot. I can ask the price also. Do you have a ballpark figure? Between us. Doc

Not a problem Doc. Post the pictures/details when you can, and we'll go from there.
I'd also be VERY VERY interested to now the truck's serial number.
Knowing that tells me if some of the main parts I am after are on the truck.
You'll find it after on the sill plate in side the driver's door.

Thanks again. :cheers:

StudeDave '57 :cool:

doc lipton
01-27-2014, 10:19 PM
Thanks StudeDave '57: Scout has been informed. Storm will slow us a bit but info and pix will happen.