new shop equipment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brakes: new shop equipment

Well its not new but its handy. I found a brake shoe arc grinder to accent my van norman brake lathe. If your local and need drums or rotors turned, and shoes ground give me a shout.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	arc grinder.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	1742340

Russ Shop Foreman \"Rusty Nut Garage\"
    53 2R6 289 5SpdOD (driver)
    57 SH (project)
    60 Lark VIII 2dr sd (driver)

Man, I wish you were closer. It is so hard to find anybody who can arc brake shoes these days. That is a good looking machine. You should get plenty of use out of it.
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Otts in PDX.

Comment

FWIW, Otto's offer is beyond generous. Anyone who wants drum brakes to really perform to their potential should drive a long way to bring unturned drums and new shoes to Otto and pay whatever he should decide is fair. The quality feel of matched drums and shoes - priceless!

jack vines
        PackardV8

Comment

I was jus thinkin' I might need some new shop equipment: LOL

Comment

Just be careful out there, I notice that your Arc Grinder does not have the dust collection Bag on it, and some older Shoes and Lining are Asbestos and other newer ones have a smaller amount of it, or even None, but still not something you want to breathe.

kxet: do you also speak ENGLISH?

Otts in PDX. ???????????????????????????
            Last edited by StudeRich; 01-24-2014, 04:54 PM.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
              Just be careful out there, I notice that your Arc Grinder does not have the dust collection Bag on it, and some older Shoes and Lining are Asbestos and other newer ones have a smaller amount of it, or even None, but still not something you want to breathe.

kxet: do you also speak ENGLISH?

Otts in PDX. ???????????????????????????
              Translation (for Washingtonians): Ott's Friction Supply in Portland, Oregon.

Comment

Working...
              X