Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Prescient Frank Drumheller...

Coincidence? I suppose...but....

Several weeks ago, I took my camera's storage chip to Walgreens photo lab, where they were having a sale on 100 prints. Any assortment was fine (i.e., they didn't have to be the same image), but you had to buy 100. So I had several extra prints made of my four Astra White 1964 Daytonas on the front lawn, taken last summer.

I knew SDCer / Forum member Frank Drumheller had an attachment to the convertible, since he had seen it new, or virtually new. Frank had understandably shared a little remorse with others in central Virginia when it left the area, where it had spent its whole life among just three owners, to come home to Indiana in October 2007.

So I snail-mailed Frank an assortment of those pictures, knowing he might like to have them.

Meanwhile, this morning over breakfast, wife-unit and I were discussing education and how cursive writing was being downplayed, even eliminated. That morphed into a discussion of people rarely taking the time any more, to send hand-written thank-you notes...or much of anything else hand-written, for that matter.

An hour later, the postman arrived with an unusually-large stack of mail, since yesterday was MLK day and they had no delivery.

In the postman's delivery was a nice, hand-written note from Frank Drumheller, expressing thanks for the photos and sharing some memories of the convertible with its central Virginia owners... barely an hour after wife and I had been discussing nobody taking the time to write hand-written thank-you notes!

I suspect Frank will be opening a fortune-telling service pretty soon, citing his ability to know when mail should arrive, among other prognostications.

Thanks, Frank. (Yes, I also mailed some of the photos to Leonard Shepherd Jr., since we have a "good" address for him.) BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
    Coincidence?
    ]I suspect Frank will be opening a fortune-telling service pretty soon, citing his ability to know when mail should arrive, among other prognostications.
    [/B]
    If Frank really does have those abilities perhaps we could engage his services and we will all know when our Turning Wheels will arrive. I could ask our president and treasurer if we could fund such a position. (LOL)
    sigpic
    55 President Deluxe
    64 Commander
    66 Cruiser

37 Oldsmobile F37 4 Door

Comment

Bob; At my age, I can't see beyond the moment. I forgot about the MLK holiday or else you and the wife would not have had the discussion on hand-written notes on Tuesday. Thank you for the nice compliment and '64 white Studebakers forever!!! Frank

Comment

Working...
      X