Went to K.C. to look at a Lark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went to K.C. to look at a Lark

We went to Kansas City over the weekend, Brian, myself and Wanda, to look at Kevin's Lark aka '4961Studebaker as known on the forum. We had a nice visit, and went to lunch, Thanks again Kevin. We looked the car over, it is amazing how much work is done to the car. And really nice work. I took several pictures, some are probably the same that Kevin's had on the forum before, but maybe some aren't. The work that has went into this car on modifying the dash, the top, the rear fenders with the tail lights in the back, all the suspension work, the frenched headlights and billet grill, the split bumper on the front, the list goes on and on. I hope you enjoy the pictures that I took, I made sure that it was ok with Kevin to post these. Thanks. Dusty
    Attached Files

Dusty Taylor

And some more.
    Attached Files

Dusty Taylor

Comment

As you probably already know, Wanda already shared a lot of those pics with me. Nice to see some additional details of the build I hadn't see/noticed before.
      ~Matt Connor
      '59 Lark 2-door

Comment

Sweeeet...as always. So want to see this one completed! Some stuff like the split front bumpers and rear suspension I haven't seen before. What is the rear end out of? thanks for posting these. junior.
        sigpic
        1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

I have never had a desire to have a car like this one, but the craftsmanship/artistry of the work blows me away. This car will truly be a knockout when finished.
          "In the heart of Arkansas."
          Searcy, Arkansas
          1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
          1952 2R pickup

Comment

Indeed. Lots of work in that. Will look mean.
            Last edited by David; 01-20-2014, 05:17 PM.
            sigpic
            '89 Ford Festiva
            '90 Ford F250 4x4
            '18 Kia Soul
            '64 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk
            '66 International Harvester pickup

Comment

Junior, I think it is out of a S10.
              Dusty

Dusty Taylor

Comment

Car is gonna be a knock out, Looking forward to its finish. So much love going into it.
                101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Are those tail lamps Comet or Valiant?

Chris.

Comment

Tail lamps are aftermarket street rod parts.

Comment

More amazed with every picture I see!! Kevin should have applied for a job in the Studebaker design department.

Comment

Thanks for Visiting

I enjoyed having you all come up to visit, and look over the car, sorry that there wasn't more room to look around the whole car now that it is back home.
                        There is still much to do, however you were the first to see in person the completed body mods. Judging from the positive expressions, many of the features have a different look when you see them in person rather than pictures. And I think that overall look will change as paint is applied, interior completed and all reasymbled for the final time.

Brian and Dusty's one word expression left a smile on my face the rest of the day. Attitude - mission accomplished
                        Aside from making a car for myself, An Attitude was the goal when it came to the public personna of what a "Cute lil Lark" could be.
                        Thanks again for the little parts I needed and plan on coming back anytime when more completed, or better yet, when it's done!

Everyone As you can see from Dusty's pictures, the gauge layout is set, AC controller in the center, minor work still to be done on the console, Split bumper idea has been gently revealed so everyone can acclimate to it.
                        61's single hood torsion bar was removed and hydraulic struts were placed on the hinges.
                        Misc engine details.
                        As alway's its been fun. Need some time to save up for the Paint job quote that came back last week.

Junior that indeed is a 7.5 from a S10, it's just mocked up for now, but plans were to install a locker and strengthen the tubes, unless I find a 8in from an Extreme or other models. (i really haven't looked hard) Cruiser was always the goal. I'll just take a ride down the strip when your's is done.

Chris As Brian stated the tail lights are indeed aftermarket LED from the company LOKAR, (the ones who make shifters etc) these are the XL (extra Large) size that don't get as much advertising as the smaller ones. TIP: better prices can be found by searching the internet.
                        61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X