Dynamic Duo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynamic Duo!

Studebaker really 'got it right' by 1931! By the way, I think that the metal covers for the dual sidemounts on the chocolate job really have a nicer look than the exposed spare tires.
    Attached Files

The brown car is a '32 President model 91. Nothing on it that you can see will interchange with the other car which is a '31 model 80 President. The '32 is relatively rare whereas the '31s are quite plentiful (kinda like '59 Larks).
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel View Post
      The brown car is a '32 President model 91. Nothing on it that you can see will interchange with the other car which is a '31 model 80 President. The '32 is relatively rare whereas the '31s are quite plentiful (kinda like '59 Larks).
      Whoops....I just noticed the front opening door on the '32!!.....But really, NOTHING visible on the two pictured vehicles will interchange?

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
        Whoops....I just noticed the front opening door on the '32!!.....But really, NOTHING visible on the two pictured vehicles will interchange?
        Yes, that is correct. Well on second thought I am thinking the cloisonne badge in the radiator shell will interchange.
        Richard Quinn

Comment

Both look pristine.

Comment

The '32 is about 90% original, never restored.
            Richard Quinn

Comment

Are they priced like '59 Larks, Dick?
              No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I noted a '31 for sale recently on Ebay for $179,000. I don't keep up with '59 Lark prices so you will have to tell me how that compares. i am guessing they are very close.
                Richard Quinn

Comment

Only the six cylinder 4-doors bring that type of coin...
                  Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                  1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Originally posted by Swifster View Post
                    Only the six cylinder 4-doors bring that type of coin...

Let me hook you right up. Steve
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel View Post

So IIRC the '32 Model 90 has a 136" wheel base and the '31 model 80 has a 130"wheel base. There were no 130" wheel base Roadsters in '32 & '33, is that correct? Where on the body of the Model 90 did the add the extra 6"? Was there a '31 Model 90 4 Seasons Roadster with a 136" wheel base?

Comment

In '31 the the Presidents were offered on two wheelbases, the model 80 was 130" and model 90 136." Not all body styles were offered on both wheelbases. For example you could not buy a roadster or coupe on the longer model 90 wheelbase. There were no 130" roadsters in '32 or '33 only 136." 1931 was the only year the roadster was referred to as the Four Season, in '32 they were called convertible coupes. Generally the extra length was behind the front door.
                        Richard Quinn

Comment

Working...
                        X