Top Studebaker story for 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Studebaker story for 2013

Anyone want to nominate what the best, or most significant Studebaker story for 2013 was?

I would nominate the discovery of 'The Whistler' drag race car. http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...light=whistler

I know BP probably still rates this find: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...light=pace+car

I have not been following any of the auctions, but did one sell for a record amount this year?

Andy Granatelli's passing?

Craig
    Last edited by 8E45E; 01-17-2014, 05:18 AM.

50th anniversary of the closing of South Bend, IMHO.
    Bill Pressler
    Kent, OH
    (formerly Greenville, PA)
    Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
    Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
    1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
    1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
    All are in Australia now

Comment

For the 5th year in a row I did not buy a Studebaker...

Other than that, I have to agree with Bill.

Comment

'Prolly a toss-up between locating The Whistler and that lone 1964 Horizon Green R2 Hawk surfacing in such nice [comparatively] condition. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
          'Prolly a toss-up between locating The Whistler and that lone 1964 Horizon Green R2 Hawk surfacing in such nice [comparatively] condition. BP
          Speaking of the Whistler, has anyone heard how it's rebuild is coming? Seem to recall a rebuild was intended.
          John Clements
          Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Let's see....
            A quick review of all the locked threads says.........
            HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

From a national perspective, I also believe it would have to be the 50th anniversary of the closing.

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
                Let's see....
                A quick review of all the locked threads says.........
                Good One, Jeff. BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

The Whistler gets my nomination..
                  Last edited by SScopelli; 01-24-2014, 01:22 PM.

Comment

My vote will have to go with "The Whistler". Consider that the car was pictured in a national magazine (Bob Palma has it), the car set speed records for it's class, many Studebaker enthusiast were searching for the car, and (even though it needs a little TLC ) John was able to locate all of the original sheet metal and engine block (albeit the parts were scattered around that famous 40 acre ranch in the high desert owned by Chuck Naugle). And last of all, John even had to put on his best Indiana Jones act while fighting off that rattle snake as he searched for remnants of "The Whistler". http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ighlight=waldo
                    Mike Lynch
                    Sunnyslope, AZ

"Be kind and civil. Allow that you may be mistaken; allow that others will make mistakes, be gracious. If you're going to contribute, try to make it worthwhile."
                    Alan Taylor

Comment

Originally posted by asesolen View Post
                      My vote will have to go with "The Whistler". Consider that the car was pictured in a national magazine (Bob Palma has it), the car set speed records for it's class, many Studebaker enthusiast were searching for the car, and (even though it needs a little TLC ) John was able to locate all of the original sheet metal and engine block (albeit the parts were scattered around that famous 40 acre ranch in the high desert owned by Chuck Naugle). And last of all, John even had to put on his best Indiana Jones act while fighting off that rattle snake as he searched for remnants of "The Whistler". http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ighlight=waldo
                      All true, Mike, except that I don't actually have the magazine from which those old B&W photos were clipped. I clipped the photos from the original magazine "back in the day," but tossed the rest of it.

I think it was CARS, but can't swear to it. 'Wish I knew. BP

Comment

You can now vote here~

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...covery-in-2013

I did.

StudeDave '57
                        StudeDave '57
                        US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                        SDC Member since 1985

past President
                        Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                        San Diego Chapter SDC