Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

March issue of Hemmings Classic Car has a four page article on Fred and Linda Fox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March issue of Hemmings Classic Car has a four page article on Fred and Linda Fox

Fred and Linda Fox are featured in the latest issue (March) of HCC with a four page article under the Personality Profile section. Well deserved honor for a couple who has done so much to preserve Studebaker history and promote the SDC thru their combined talents.

Click image for larger version

Name:	fox fred linda article.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	150.2 KB
ID:	1742272
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Got my issue yesterday, skimmed thru it, have not had a chance to read it yet. Once again HCC supports the marque.
    Thank you HCC!
    JS
    I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

Jim, Bob Sheaffer got his HCC yesterday and told me there is a really great write-up on the Studebaker York Swap Meet there in the Events Section. That was due I guess to our advertising there, but it was at no cost to us in their Events Section. Gordon

Comment

Another photo of the Fox article below.

Failed to mention that the same issue of HCC has an article written by the oft maligned (and justifiably so) SDC tech editor Bob Palma writing about, of all things, the six cylinder Fords! Showing off his versatility I guess?

Click image for larger version

Name:	fox fred linda article2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	196.5 KB
ID:	1687331
        Richard Quinn
        Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel View Post

Failed to mention that the same issue of HCC has an article written by the oft maligned (and justifiably so) SDC tech editor Bob Palma writing about, of all things, the six cylinder Fords! Showing off his versatility I guess?
          It's ok BP, we all have a bad day now and then.
          Gordon, I did see the Swap Meet plug, hope we don't get a mad rush of people wanting Avanti tickets.
          JS
          Last edited by showbizkid; 01-16-2014, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel View Post
            Another photo of the Fox article below.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31440[/ATTACH]
            Not to mention an article by SDC forum member John Wipff!

I've only thumbed through it yet, but full of Studefolks this month!
            Bill Pressler
            Kent, OH
            (formerly Greenville, PA)
            Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
            Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
            1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
            1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
            All are in Australia now

Comment

i rec'd my issue today. i suppose i need to reclaim it from my, ahem, "library shelf" and do some reading!
              Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Jim,That's Ok--I've got 1500 tickets printed and available for the 51 Land Cruiser-- I call those sending in for the sold out car and offer them an early start for 2015. About 40 takers so far. Gordon
                Last edited by larkregal62; 01-16-2014, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Hemmings Publications full-time staff writer Mark McCourt did a wonderful job writing Fred & Linda's Personality Profile.

For you folks who buy newsstand copies from time to time, you'll not want to miss this March 2014 issue. It should be on newsstands in a week or so. There is a bright red, black top, 1969 Firebird convertible on the cover..

That said, Hemmings Classic Car does do a lot on and about Studebakers. I would encourage you to subscribe; the subscriber's price is barely $1.50 per issue, even for the minimum one-year subscription, whereas single copies on the newsstand are up to $5.99!

And when you subscribe, they mail it to you so you don't have to go find one and use the attendant time and gasoline to do so. BP
                  We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Absolutely agree about HCC Probably the best buy on the automotive magazine market---next to Turning Wheels!! Good thing about HCC is we get to find out how really knowlegible BP is about all things automotive. Gordon

Comment

Originally posted by larkregal62 View Post
                      Absolutely agree about HCC Probably the best buy on the automotive magazine market---next to Turning Wheels!!
                      Ditto!

i subscribed in 2012 after BP recommended it. just as TW, i read it "cover to cover". maybe if we send mails to Richard L. - BP can soon write his great articles monthly!
                      Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Originally posted by larkregal62 View Post
                        Jim,That's Ok--I've got 1500 tickets printed and available for the 51 Land Cruiser-- I call those sending in for the sold out car and offer them an early start for 2015. About 40 takers so far. Gordon
                        Sounds like a plan Gordon. And, I agree with all about HCC, great magazine.

Thanks Showbizkid, for fixing my post. Not sure what I did wrong
                        Jim

Comment

'Here ya' go, boys and girls: Less than $1.60 per issue for one year, even less (under $1.40 per issue) for two years...mailed to your door!

Why drive all over and pay $5.99 each, often plus sales tax, for two or three issues per year? BP
                          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by Corvanti View Post
                            Ditto!

i subscribed in 2012 after BP recommended it. just as TW, i read it "cover to cover". maybe if we send mails to Richard L. - BP can soon write his great articles monthly!

Thanks, Kerry...but monthly might be a little much.

I could do bi-monthly (six columns per year instead of the present four), but I'd probably have to think about 12!

For the time being, AFAIK, the other two guys with whom I rotate (Walt Gosden and David Schultz) are pretty well set at four per year as well.

Again, thanks for your kind remarks. BP

Comment

Wassamatta, Bob...you're giving away your thoughts and knowledge for free here. Why wouldn't you want to get paid for it on a monthly basis?
                              Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Working...
                              X