PDA

View Full Version : "Operation Avanti Airlift" Tribute is a go!...

Gunslinger
01-14-2014, 08:03 PM
I've heard from the Hagerstown Aviation Museum and it's a go to have a tribute to the original Avanti Airlift! It will be held Saturday, June 28, 2014...the day before the Dover International meet starts. The Museum's C-82 will be made available for a photo shoot with our Avantis.

There's still some details to be worked out, and I'll let everyone know as things progress.

I sent them scans of photos of the original airlift and they plan on incorporating them in a C-82 exhibit. A little bit of an extra bonus for the Avanti.

The Hagerstown Regional Airport...the home of the museum and its C-82, is within a couple of miles from the intersection I-70 and I-81. Anyone coming east to Dover may well be passing through there and that makes it ideally located for such an event. It's about a three hour drive from Dover.

Anyone who would like to participate please let me know so I can maintain a roster and have a better idea as time gets closer to the event. Any questions, please either ask here or send me a PM.

Hope we make this a major Avanti event...we may be able to get some good media coverage. We'll certainly try for that.

JBOYLE
01-14-2014, 09:45 PM
I do wish I were closer, I'm not sure I'm (or my Avanti) is up to a cross country drive like that.
It would be especially meaningful to me...my dad flew C-82s...well before I was born.

BobPalma
01-14-2014, 10:11 PM
Very cool, Bruce. Cool beans indeed. :!: BP