Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Operation Avanti Airlift" Tribute is a go!...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Operation Avanti Airlift" Tribute is a go!...

I've heard from the Hagerstown Aviation Museum and it's a go to have a tribute to the original Avanti Airlift! It will be held Saturday, June 28, 2014...the day before the Dover International meet starts. The Museum's C-82 will be made available for a photo shoot with our Avantis.

There's still some details to be worked out, and I'll let everyone know as things progress.

I sent them scans of photos of the original airlift and they plan on incorporating them in a C-82 exhibit. A little bit of an extra bonus for the Avanti.

The Hagerstown Regional Airport...the home of the museum and its C-82, is within a couple of miles from the intersection I-70 and I-81. Anyone coming east to Dover may well be passing through there and that makes it ideally located for such an event. It's about a three hour drive from Dover.

Anyone who would like to participate please let me know so I can maintain a roster and have a better idea as time gets closer to the event. Any questions, please either ask here or send me a PM.

Hope we make this a major Avanti event...we may be able to get some good media coverage. We'll certainly try for that.
    Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

I do wish I were closer, I'm not sure I'm (or my Avanti) is up to a cross country drive like that.
    It would be especially meaningful to me...my dad flew C-82s...well before I was born.
    63 Avanti R1 2788
    1914 Stutz Bearcat
    (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Very cool, Bruce. Cool beans indeed. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
      X