Studebaker mention; major faux pas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker mention; major faux pas

At least Studebaker was mentioned before the major mistake in the second paragraph:

http://www.theday.com/article/201401...9975/1019&town=

OK, so the writer was trying to be hip and cool in the second paragraph, but I think describing Nash and Hudson as wreckage in 1954 is a little over the top...and Kaiser certainly had nothing to do with American Motors Corporation being formed: AMC didn't buy the Jeep name until 1970, for Pete's sake!

(Ah, history re-written for the unwashed masses...grrrr....) BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

I notice no one has posted any comments under the article...
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

The article states that Chevy responded with the Camaro months after the 64 Mustang was introduced (April 1964). The 67 Camaro didn't hit the dealers until late September in 1966 . . . more like 29 months, so I guess technically he was correct!
      Last edited by sochocki; 01-14-2014, 06:15 AM. Reason: Updated info

Comment

Yep, a few glaring errors that would even get Studebaker people annoyed. AMC as NOT the 'first' car to have curved side glass as was mentioned in a previous thread,http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...light=imperial

Comment

Well, not everyone who writes is a writer

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Pile View Post
            I notice no one has posted any comments under the article...
            Well...'cept for us (with this forum outlet for comments)...perhaps there's not enough readers to have elicited any comments. In order to earn reader comments...perhaps you need to provide good enough material to earn a following.
            John Clary
            Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by showbizkid View Post
              Well, not everyone who writes is a writer
              ....or at least a factual writer.
              Joe Roberts
              '61 R1 Champ
              '65 Cruiser
              Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

The seats in our '66 Rambler Classic 770 and my grandmother's '66 Marlin are still the most comfortable I've ever sat in. The carpet in that Marlin was the softest, plushest I've ever experienced...like it was made of deep aqua blue "truffula" tufts. (Dr. Seuss reference)

...and that AMC 327 was so smoooooth.
                Andy
                62 GT

Comment

Working...
                X