Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The city is after our parking lot again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The city is after our parking lot again.

Yesterday when Pat (nibbs 53) and I we were coming back from looking at the plane Jane 61 my landlord called to tell me that he had received a letter from the City about the extra junk and car parts ect . in our lot most of it is not mine as I have weeded out most and still cutting back. After Pat and I got the 61 today we did a little more moving and cleaning, first the 56 hawk frame I had leaning against the fence went on the trailer to take home , then we moved the Studebaker short bed trailer and rear ends we had stored in it all the time picking up small crap and old tires and rims to get rid of, then last we move the 8' fendered 60 champ bed that I have been saving because it is rust free and the floor is not all bent up and good tail gate .

I will be going to Las Vegas in the near future to pick up the R-1 4 speed GT and would have room to deliver the 8' bed that far if some one wanted it along with the 56 hawk frame, any one interested just PM me. here are some pictures.

Last edited by candbstudebakers; 01-12-2014, 10:49 PM.
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

holy crap! why can't I find a bed that good around here?

Comment

Feel your pain, Bob.

There are reasons the city gets on your case:

1. A neighbor complains regularly.

2. A developer wants your property.

3. The city has a policy of trying to force "in-fill" - their term for harassing and taxing owners of unbuilt lots to make them sell to a developer who will put up a building which can then be added to the tax rolls.

3. In rare instances, in some cities, when an inspector shows up in person, a discrete exchange of currency will make the problem go away until next time.

jack vines
      PackardV8

Comment

Originally posted by PackardV8 View Post
        Feel your pain, Bob.

There are reasons the city gets on your case:

1. A neighbor complains regularly.

2. A developer wants your property.

3. The city has a policy of trying to force "in-fill" - their term for harassing and taxing owners of unbuilt lots to make them sell to a developer who will put up a building which can then be added to the tax rolls.

3. In rare instances, in some cities, when an inspector shows up in person, a discrete exchange of currency will make the problem go away until next time.

jack vines
        Jack, I know the process since I am a retired building inspector and even work for this city at one time, in this case a neighbor called it in as the side fence is falling over some so when the inspector comes out and takes pictures they take them of every thing that can make them money, first trip free, 2nd trip if cleaned up free if not $650.00 fine and it keeps going up with each visit, very little of the problem is mine and it is cleaned but other make a big mess of the whole lot.
        Candbstudebakers
        Castro Valley,
        California

Comment

Working...
        X