Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little by Little

Progress,
    I have my new front shocks installed. Emergency brake cables are on. Trans and engine are in place (for real this time).
    Currently waiting for my bolt on yoke to the transmission so I can get a good measurement for the drive shaft. I installed all new gaskets on the engine short of the intake, They had to be ordered due to the rectangular ports. Two major hurdles left are headers and radiator.

Dean.
    Attached Files

That is going to be one FINE 52! Beautiful work.

What is the deal with the 2 pedals and the auto trans?
    Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

Haha,!
      Those are the factory brake pedals. Studebaker at it's finest!

Dean.

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp View Post
        That is going to be one FINE 52! Beautiful work.

What is the deal with the 2 pedals and the auto trans?
        Stude used a wide brake pedal pad to span the brake and 'dummy' clutch pedal on some cars.

Comment

Looking good Dean!
          sigpic
          Dave Lester

Comment

hey, a rat(hubba hubba)...for some reason I thought your car was getting a 383 chevy...must have been confused. no wonder you're having so much fun, everything is all clean and shiny and you're snow free. enjoy! Junior
            sigpic
            1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
              hey, a rat(hubba hubba)...for some reason I thought your car was getting a 383 chevy...must have been confused. no wonder you're having so much fun, everything is all clean and shiny and you're snow free. enjoy! Junior
              No snow here,... Easily 70 deg. today.

And it is amazing what a can of black enamel will do!

Thanks for the positive input!!!

Dean.

Comment

Awesome..
                I know what you mean when you say "Little by Little"...
                Spent all day yesterday making one pulley fit the way I wanted it to fit.
                Today, I spent all day drawing a picture of a bracket on a piece of cardboard.
                Slow isn't the half of it..
                But, at least you worked on it!
                HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
                  Awesome..
                  I know what you mean when you say "Little by Little"...
                  Spent all day yesterday making one pulley fit the way I wanted it to fit.
                  Today, I spent all day drawing a picture of a bracket on a piece of cardboard.
                  Slow isn't the half of it..
                  But, at least you worked on it!
                  Thanks for the encouragement!!

It's hard not to get bothered when things go so slow.

Dean.

Comment

Before you know it the YEARS will pass, Lil by Lil. And you'll be done.

Those tires evoke attitude and muscle, can't wait to see the rest of your vision as the project progresses, Lil by Lil.

Now slap a 2x10 across the frame and put a seat on there and Imagine.
                    No one will Judge - not I - For I was sitting in mine last night thinking, Lil here to touch up on, Lil here to fix.
                    Dream a little, it keeps you going.

Last edited by 4961Studebaker; 01-12-2014, 07:03 PM.
                    61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Little by little ... well put. The pile of parts in the corner of the kitchen for my Speedster is growing faster than my progress in putting them on. I'd like to think the only item of consequence not here is the transmission from Jerry shipping soon and the SE Stude interior... Oh ! I forgot the exhaust system ... dang another grand!

Spent the day watching Broncos and soldering on the wiring harness and fuse/relay box... need to hit Pull & Save for an impact switch.

Comment

Working...
                      X