1966 Wagons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1966 Wagons

Chris Skinner mentioned in a recent PM that Wagons were rare in our last year.

Not that I'm looking for another vehicle, I'm just asking the question if any of these are around and what one may be bought for if available?
    John Clements
    Christchurch, New Zealand

The stats I have show 940 Wagonaires made in 66.

I think they could be bought for $200-$20,000 depending on condition
    Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

Thx Dick, they leak don't they?
      John Clements

Comment

Originally posted by avantilover View Post
        Thx Dick, they leak don't they?
        The sliding roof versions are certainly prone to leak. Fixed roof versions...not so much
        Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

Comment

And the one I don't own is someone else's problem.

Laughs.
          John Clements

Comment

Not that I'm looking for another vehicle, I'm just asking the question if any of these are around and what one may be bought for if available?
            Second last Studebaker in tne in the National Automobile Museum: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...hlight=harrahs

Craig

Comment

Thx Craig, nice car.
              John Clements

Comment

You can make a Wagonaire water tight. It truly is possible! It helps if you start with the correct seals and take the time to replace them all, and to check and clean out all the drains.

Chris.

Comment

Chris Skinner mentioned in a recent PM that Wagons were rare in our last year.

John , probably the nicest 66 wagon I know of was sold this past fall , it was out of Kentucky and sold for I think $13,500 . It was a V8 with factory air , totally restored . Think it went to a new member in Georgia.
                  sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Thx all, great information. I'm thinking my best option is to keep the Lovely Gold Cruiser I have coming when Brian Greenall can send the container and sell the rest.

Perhaps I'll be able to see a 66 wagon when Chris buys one as company for his Commander. Laughs.
                    John Clements

Comment

Another way to get a '1966' wagon in looks would be to buy a 1965 (many more were made) and install a '1966' grille assembly.
                      --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Originally posted by 1962larksedan View Post
                        Another way to get a '1966' wagon in looks would be to buy a 1965 (many more were made) and install a '1966' grille assembly.
                        That would look ok from the outside but the interior would give it away.
                        sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Originally posted by stude dude View Post
                          You can make a Wagonaire water tight. It truly is possible! It helps if you start with the correct seals and take the time to replace them all, and to check and clean out all the drains.

Chris.
                          I agree, Chris. I've installed the new type seals in mine, adjusted the mechanism to press hard and evenly on the seals, and I've replaced the 4 drain hoses with new. I'm fairly confident the roof will not leak.

BUT if I keep the car, I will not be driving it in a hard rain storm and I will be careful to not flood the sliding roof area when washing the car. If I sell the car, I will advise any potential buyer to do the same. It might be overly cautious on my part, but I wouldn't want to put the headliner and the rest of the interior at risk.
                          Dick Steinkamp
                          Bellingham, WA

Comment

Originally posted by 1962larksedan View Post
                            You don't get up to "big" numbers until you get back to 1964 and 1963.
                            1966 940
                            1965 1824
                            1964 5163
                            1963 11,915
                            Gary L.
                            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by 2R5 View Post
                              That would look ok from the outside but the interior would give it away.
                              Originally posted by studegary View Post
                              You don't get up to "big" numbers until you get back to 1964 and 1963.
                              1966 940
                              1965 1824
                              1964 5163
                              1963 11,915
                              What's ironic was someone in the Phx area installed a 1966 front clip onto a 1963 Lark wagon.
                              --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Working...
                              X