Clear All

• '53 K hot rod, '70's style

Not my car, know nothing about it.
    Jerry Forrester
    Forrester's Chrome
    Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

interesting.
    Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

I agree it is interesting. However, what is more interesting, to me, is how it seems that every 327 you encounter...came from some mysterious Corvette. Makes you wonder what became of all those donor Corvetts?

Perhaps, some day, there will be a huge "breaking news" story...where some hapless dude, while searching for his missing Hooters babe, will accidentally stumble through a mystical portal and suddenly find himself in a hidden valley filled with motor-less Corvettes...each adorned with a missing Hooters babe awaiting rescue!
      John Clary
      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Champion dash, not Commander....no hooters babes to be found either
        Bez Auto Alchemy
        573-318-8948
        http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

suspended pedals, A/C dryer, kinda interesting, would like to see more history on it
          sigpic
          JohnP, driving & reviving
          60 Lark & 58 Scotsman 4dr

Comment

Now that is 'Patina' with a capital P !
            Imagine it with a complete mechanical refreshing without touching a thing on body or interior.

Comment

I'm having trouble finding serious rust on the outer panels. I think this would be a heck of a deal with an inspection first.

It also has nice grill surrounds and all the trim and bumpers. A better start than a lot of $3-4K hardtops I've seen.

BTW, note the hood fit - as good as I've seen.

Bob

Comment

My exact thoughts.
                If I didn't already have Buttercup, I'd be on this'n like a robin on a june bug.

Originally posted by Jessie J. View Post
                Now that is 'Patina' with a capital P !
                Imagine it with a complete mechanical refreshing without touching a thing on body or interior.
                Jerry Forrester
                Forrester's Chrome
                Douglasville, Georgia

Comment

Yeah - lovin' that flower child paint scheme!
                  No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I agree almost all 327's in hot rods seem to be from Corvettes, but these double hump heads are a good indication that it is a performance engine. The numbers on the front of the block would tell us if it is what the seller claims it to be.

Originally posted by jclary View Post
                    I agree it is interesting. However, what is more interesting, to me, is how it seems that every 327 you encounter...came from some mysterious Corvette. Makes you wonder what became of all those donor Corvetts?

Perhaps, some day, there will be a huge "breaking news" story...where some hapless dude, while searching for his missing Hooters babe, will accidentally stumble through a mystical portal and suddenly find himself in a hidden valley filled with motor-less Corvettes...each adorned with a missing Hooters babe awaiting rescue!
                    Jerry Forrester
                    Forrester's Chrome
                    Douglasville, Georgia

Comment

Originally posted by sweetolbob View Post
                      I'm having trouble finding serious rust on the outer panels. I think this would be a heck of a deal with an inspection first.

It also has nice grill surrounds and all the trim and bumpers. A better start than a lot of $3-4K hardtops I've seen.

BTW, note the hood fit - as good as I've seen.

Bob
                      X2...although the passenger grill surround does look tweaked on the corner. love the gauge panel under the steering wheel and the wood grain mac-tac and retro SW gauges. A real possiblility with that being a 'vette 327, especially with the double hump heads and of course the valve covers. sbc, 4pd, and homemade slapper bars in a 53K...sweet.
                      sigpic
                      1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

I don't know? Looking at this car for $4000.00 and thinking about the $40,000.00 to $60,000.00 it would cost to build or restore it properly, made me think instantly that the finished one in Vancouver for sale last week for $13,000.00 was a such a great deal! Building as opposed to buying is always sooooo much more expensive.
                        There is a lot to be said about instant gratification!!
                        Good Roads
                        Brian
                        Brian Woods
                        woodysrods@shaw.ca
                        1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

After a $40,000.00 to $ 60,000.00 'build' or 'restore', I wouldn't even be interested.
                          Hope it ends up with someone that can appreciate it for what it is.

Comment

I just wanna know who let him park it inside HOME DEPOT???
                            KURTRUK
                            (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

As mentioned, I think that would be a fun car to freshen, make safe and drive as is. One reason so many "Corvette engines" end up in other cars is people had a tendency to wreck them, beyond that folks also had a tendency to put bigger motors in them thus leaving the original motor for re-application. This one specifically says the motor came from a 65 Corvette, but in other cases what is claimed as a Vette motor could have come from other cars. Basically a 327/300 is the same regardless of origin except for possibly the oil pan and distributor. Even Studebaker claimed cars besides Avantis were Avanti powered. I hope some gets it and has fun with it.
                              Pat Dilling
                              Olivehurst, CA
                              Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Working...
                              X