Pop Quiz: In What Movie...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pop Quiz: In What Movie...

...was a 1963 Wagonaire prominently featured in many sequences?

A Warner Brothers movie, circa 1963, starring Henry Fonda and Maureen O'Hara.

(Ironically, I used the forum search function with several different key words and it didn't show up.)

First person to post the correct answer wins an original 1963 Gold Avanti-at-the-evening country club postcard. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Spencer's Mountain?
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Yes, I think Spencers Mountain as well.
      Dave Pink
      Victoria, Australia

1916 SF Roadster
      1925 ER Tourer
      1925 Panel Delivery
      1953 Champion Sedan
      1957 Golden Hawk
      1971 Avanti II

Studebaker Car Club Of Australia Website
      http://www.studebakercarclub.net

Comment

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
        Spencer's Mountain?
        BINGO, Brad!

To what address do I send the post card? PM if you like.

The movie was heavily promoted to Studebaker dealers in this item from the July 1963 Studebaker News. (Again: Press ctrl and + on your keyboard at the same time to enlarge the text for easier reading. Hover your cursour over the whole item while doing that.):

BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Bob,
          I take it you needed to find an activity that keeps you indoors this evening, since the State of Indiana is closed!

I was familiar with the movie but didn't realize the Studebaker sales network had made such a big deal of it. I was thirteen at the time and it was before I grew wheels under my feet.

Bob, Thanks!
          POBox 258
          Pine Grove Mills, PA 16868-0258
          Brad Johnson,
          SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
          '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
            Bob,
            I take it you needed to find an activity that keeps you indoors this evening, since the State of Indiana is closed!

I was familiar with the movie but didn't realize the Studebaker sales network had made such a big deal of it. I was thirteen at the time and it was before I grew wheels under my feet.

Bob, Thanks!
            POBox 258
            Pine Grove Mills, PA 16868-0258
            'Will do, Brad; 'going out today if I can get to the Post Office with a pile of other things that need weighing and mailing.

As usual, I ran across that item in Studebaker News while looking for something else It sounded like a good pop quiz, since I couldn't find it in the various Studebakers in the Movies threads and had a piece from Studebaker News to patch in after it was answered. BP

Comment

Hi Bob,
              Would love to see both films!
              Is there anywhere I could get or see the Warner's
              Short "Vacationland, USA" ?
              Love those.
              Bill
              sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
              Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
              "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Originally posted by 57pack View Post
                Hi Bob,
                Would love to see both films!
                Is there anywhere I could get or see the Warner's
                Short "Vacationland, USA" ?
                Love those.
                Bill
                Gosh, Bill; I have no idea. 'Truth be known, I'm not much of a movie buff.

Perhaps others on the forum will see your request and chime in with information. BP

Comment

Comment

[QUOTE=rockne10;811065]Bob,

Brad,
                    You NEED to understand that Bob lives in Brownsburg, and there just ain't much going on there anytime! <G>

Jim
                    "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
                    their Memorials!

Comment

Trivia alert:
                      Spencer's Mountain was the film version of "The Walton's" TV series of a decade later. Both are the semi autobiographical story of the screenwriter Earl Hamner. I've never seen the film, I assumed it was set in the 30s like the TV series.
                      63 Avanti R1 2788
                      1914 Stutz Bearcat
                      (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Working...
                      X