Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KRC Avanti Raffle tickets are gone! Next up: 1951 Land Cruiser!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KRC Avanti Raffle tickets are gone! Next up: 1951 Land Cruiser!

Keystone Region Chapter would like to express our gratitude to everyone purchasing chances on the 1963 Avanti.
    All those chances have been scooped up and the new owner will be determined in the drawing March 7 at the Studebaker York Swap Meet.

Chances are now available on one very fine 1951 Land Cruiser. This is the very first year for the Studebaker V-8 and the suspension that would see Studebaker through their remaining production years. On the highway, this car is like riding in your living room!

More pics and info here:
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

What a sweetheart! Did that one come out of the Cade collection?

Comment

My oh my a great looking car but why are the pictures Nine (9) years old? Can't KRC afford to take up to date ones?
      sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Geez guess i'll have to finally buy raffle tickets, Love 51 Land Cruisers.
        101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Originally posted by Avantidon View Post
          ...why are the pictures Nine (9) years old?
          Actually, Don, they are very recent; maybe September or October. Gordon hasn't yet found the instructions on setting the calendar in his camera.
          Brad Johnson,
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Don, Sorry for the screw-up--You ought to know how technologically challenged I am. If you were to look at the pics that were taken of the Speedster at your garage, the same date was on them--- and that was 2010--Someone else took the pics of both the 2011 and 2012 cars-I'm trying to delete the dates on all the pics I took(actually have some one else do it for me). The website is that way, so is oldcarraffle.com where we are also listed. Maybe if you are at the Studebaker York Swap Meet in March, I can get you to delete the date altogether so it is no longer a problem. I assure everyone that all pics shown were taken after October of 2013. The ones without a date on them were taken by Tom Ehrhart in my front yard and driveway after pulling it out of the garage a week before Christmas 2013. Sorry this has caused the confusion---MY BAD Gordon

Comment

Matt, Car is not part of the Cade Collection to my knowledge, but did come out of Florida about 5 years ago. It was purchased by a Keystone member from a dealer near Melbourne/Titusville area, so I can't rule it out. You can't rule any thing out the way our cars seem to roam the country. If you have any information on a similar car from the Cade collection, send me a serial number, and we will compare. Paperwork in the car seems to indicate that the car was in Alabama,I believe, (I'm going from memory and that's not always the best) before it got to the dealer in FL from which Jim purchased it.

Comment

Originally posted by larkregal62 View Post
                Matt, Car is not part of the Cade Collection to my knowledge, but did come out of Florida about 5 years ago. I was purchased by a Keystone member from a dealer near Melbourne/Titusville area, so I can't rule it out. You can't rule any thing out the way our cars seem to roam the country. If you have any information on a similar car from the Cade collection, send me a serial number, and we will compare. Paperwork in the car seems to indicate that the car was in Alabama,I believe, (I'm going from memory and that's not always the best) before it got to the dealer in FL from which Jim purchased it.
                Thanks Gordon. Stephen has an identical Land Cruiser, even down do the faded out plastic bullet. But he still owned it a couple of months ago, so it doesn't sound like it's the same one.

I'll be buying tickets. What a sweet sedan.

Comment

Matt, definitely not the same car then. BTW, the center bullet is plastic on the 51 and in very good condition. Will send you additional pics to your personal email Gordon--Car will also be in York of course--Hope you can make it Gordon

Comment

Originally posted by larkregal62 View Post
                    Matt, definitely not the same car then. BTW, the center bullet is plastic on the 51 and in very good condition. Will send you additional pics to your personal email Gordon--Car will also be in York of course--Hope you can make it Gordon
                    The repop bullets fade to a gold-bronze color, the NOS ones stay silver. Just one of those things.

I'm not planning to be in York unless I win the lottery. And I've not started playing yet!

Comment

Didn't Know that, have just seen them crack and get ugly. Guess if it hadn't been replaced with repro, it would be cracked and ugly. Wish they had continued with chrome

Comment

Just curious, where can I purchase tickets for this drawing?

Comment

Use this link:

Note: Unless Gordon corrects me, I believe you can save the $3 on line service fee if you mail your order direct

Use this form:

Or call Gordon at this number:

(717) 574-1529 Mon - Fri 8am - 7pm (EST)
                          Brad Johnson,
                          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                          '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Correct on the mail in of the form statement,--- if you send a check or money order, and send a self addressed stamped envelope. Thanks for the interest

Comment

Sorry Gordon but I just couldn't resist the urge to kid you a little. If I do make it to the sawp meet I'll be willing to help you straighten this out. Actually it is an easy thing to do.
                              sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Working...
                              X