PDA

View Full Version : My Production order

RDWEAVER
01-05-2014, 06:59 PM
I got my production order from the museum and had some questions about it. So I searched
but did not find any quick information here or out on the web.
So I will pose some more questions here and get the answers from the experts.
On the sheet they have typed 75 HEAD and on another line is typed POWER KIT
What does this mean? Are they referring to the headlights and power brakes? or it a head casting and carb?
Thanks in advance,
Kevin

StudeRich
01-05-2014, 07:08 PM
They were no doubt referring to the Compression of the Heads (Part Number/Casting Number to use) if we knew the year of the Car, we could decode the option order numbers in front of the "Power Kit".
The Heads are apparently "75" Code.

The Power Kit would be Dual Exhausts and 4 brl. Carb. The Duals were included or not depending on if your Model/Engine came Std. with Duals or not.

Was this an export Car?

Was it shipped to a "High Altitude" State" Like Colorado?

More can be told about the Car if you could scan and paste a Prod. Order Copy here.

RDWEAVER
01-05-2014, 07:10 PM
They were no doubt referring to the Compression of the Heads (Part Number/Casting Number to use) if we knew the year of the Car, we could decode the option order numbers in front of the "Power Kit". Heads are apparently "75" Code.

The Power Kit would be Dual Exhausts and 4 brl. Carb. The Duals were included or not depending on if your Model/Engine came Std. with Duals or not.

Was this an export Car? I should have included the car is a 1959 Silver Hawk.

RDWEAVER
01-05-2014, 07:31 PM
They were no doubt referring to the Compression of the Heads (Part Number/Casting Number to use) if we knew the year of the Car, we could decode the option order numbers in front of the "Power Kit".
The Heads are apparently "75" Code.

Was this an export Car?

Was it shipped to a "High Altitude" State" Like Colorado?

More can be told about the Car if you could scan and paste a Prod. Order Copy here. Destination is listed as Paris France.

8E45E
01-05-2014, 07:55 PM
Did you find out any more on when it ended up back in the US?

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/showthread.php?74938-Owners-Manual&highlight=paris

Craig

RDWEAVER
01-05-2014, 08:01 PM
No, Craig I have not been able to. I have been busy with the restoration process. It is cold enough here tonight I thought I would just hang out here tonight and listen to the wind scream outside.

candbstudebakers
01-05-2014, 11:46 PM
59 hawks were 259 motors power back should have been a 4 bld and duel exhaust. big deal

stude dude
01-06-2014, 02:45 AM
7.5:1 compression heads were common for V8 export models. Most foreign fuels had a lower octane rating so this was a safe way of making engines compatible with the available fuel.

Does your Hawk have a metric speedo?

Chris.

RDWEAVER
01-06-2014, 06:03 AM
Chris,
No my spedo is the same as all others I have seen.

warrlaw1
01-06-2014, 08:50 AM
My "Commander" came with 259 2 bbl and single exhaust. As Rich stated, the power kit adds two more bbls and the other side of the exhaust...for about 20 more HP.