Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEEDED-honest knowledgeable flathead engine mechanic

happy new year everyone,
    i have a 58 transtar with the original champion straight6 in hawthorne california and i need the engine rebuilt- who is ''the'' person i should get in contact with? PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP ME PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
    i can and will ship the motor if i need to.
    also can any one give me contact info for someone who can overhaul the borg-warner trans please please please
    i actually would like to bump up the power a lil bit from the engine and perhaps change the trans gears so i could make a drive from southern california to michigan this summer...and use the expresswaysand not be to much of a road hazzard.
    thanks in advance for any/all help from you fine people

Here is Forum Member and long time SDC Member "Bud" 's Profile you can PM (Private Message) him from there, he lives in Hawthorne and can steer you in the right direction if he does not have time to do the job.
    I have known him over 40 years, you can trust his opinion.

You are going to need a T-90 Borg Warner 3 Speed with Overdrive, or even a T-96 O.D. from a Car, and a 4.09 or 4.27 Ratio rear Axle to get that little 6 rolling.
    The Ring and Pinion Suppliers like Randy's Ring and Pinion, have the parts needed for these Dana 44 Type Axles to "speed them up" and the 4X4 Shops Install them.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 01-02-2014, 12:18 AM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

thank you studerich,
      GREEEATLY appreciated, i sent him an email i just hope i did it right

Comment

Check your "Sent File" and see if it looks good.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Rich, Thanks for the referral, I've sent my contact info to 58transtar. Bud

Comment

Working...
          X