Santa let me Down.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering: Santa let me Down.

I thought that Santa was going to bring me or at least tell me where to find one but he Didn't then I though maybe for my Birthday on the 30th well that has come and go also.So here I am asking the good People on the Forum for Help!
    What is it ? I need a steering Wheel Adapter like a Grant13/16 Dia 36 Spline count for 56 or Earlier Steering Shaft. Can anyone HELP.

I have 2 or 3, but they are in storage and cannot check them out right now. Some early some late, some missing pieces, I jump on them at swap meets and you know what you get there.

Comment

Well, I wanted a T Cab Pick Up for Christmas and Steve Kneivel got one instead of me. Boy am I jealous.
      Mad in Tenn.,
      Kim

Comment

The nut/threads are 13/16", but isn't the spline size 3/4"?
        Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Dont blame Santa. I have an alibi
          sigpic 62 Hawk - Wisconsin barn find

Comment

Originally posted by santa View Post
            Dont blame Santa. I have an alibi
            Haha, this post made my day!
            sigpic
            1961 Flamingo Studebaker Hawk

Comment

Just go to helpcar.gov and sign up for the "affordable car act!"
              Last edited by jclary; 01-03-2014, 06:26 AM.
              John Clary
              Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Santa's sleigh, just came home for the weekend, from work. I will try and find the adapter tonight or tomorrow.

Comment

Don't complain. Santa brought me house guests that stayed and stayed.
                  RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
                  4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
                  5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Originally posted by RadioRoy View Post
                    Don't complain. Santa brought me house guests that stayed and stayed.
                    I had one once, a no good step brother that showed up at my door, and stayed for a month! Finally told him to leave, the old hag step mother never for gave me!
                    But, she finally croaked!
                    Somewhere I'm sure he's leaching off somebody!

Jim
                    "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
                    their Memorials!

Comment

Originally posted by shoafski View Post
                      I thought that Santa was going to bring me or at least tell me where to find one but he Didn't then I though maybe for my Birthday on the 30th well that has come and go also.So here I am asking the good People on the Forum for Help!
                      What is it ? I need a steering Wheel Adapter like a Grant13/16 Dia 36 Spline count for 56 or Earlier Steering Shaft. Can anyone HELP.
                      OK, finally dug out some parts. Here's the options I have: 1. complete (nib) adapter kit with used 15" red metalflake steering wheel. 2. Used kit with nos horn button and painted bezel. Also 3. A steel steering wheel adapter only.
                      I will try to get pictures later today.

Comment

Cool looking forward to the Pic's

Comment

I tried to find one of those for My first 1956 Golden Hawk back in the seventies.....and never could! (I finally 'fabbed' something that 'worked'!!)

Comment

Here ya go with the pictures I promised: This is the new Grant kit:

Here is the steering wheel that goes with it: Its a 15". New kit and wheel go together

Here is the used kit. Sorry I forgot to put in picture, but it does come with a new horn button:

This picture shows the used kit but also to the top left is a new steel hub, not Grant. I did have the package by haven't found it yet.

I know at least there were two designs
                            Last edited by Flashback; 01-11-2014, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Ok I would be interested in the new kit and wheel but also would not rule out one of the other two. What are you asking for them and how do you want to handle the payment, shipping, etc. Thanks Phil

Comment

Working...
                              X