USPS Equipment Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USPS Equipment Question

For Bams, and any other mail guru's out there...

Looking for a pair of bags.....
    Any idea's?

Saw a leather bag that had an original Zip sticker on it....
    That would be cool (a pair).... Or just the blue nylon material....
    Are these just the shoulder carry bags without the shoulder strap?
    Any idea's?

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Hi Jeff-I'm a rural carrier, and that must be a city carrier's cart, so I don't know anything about it. We have nylon bags that look pretty similar to that pictured, but nobody I know uses them; so we have a few sitting in the storage room. I could dig one out and take pictures for reference if you want. I'm not sure where you'd get them, though.
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
      Hi Jeff-I'm a rural carrier, and that must be a city carrier's cart, so I don't know anything about it. We have nylon bags that look pretty similar to that pictured, but nobody I know uses them; so we have a few sitting in the storage room. I could dig one out and take pictures for reference if you want. I'm not sure where you'd get them, though.
      They are called a Saratoga bag.
      Takes two per cart.
      This cart, and the bags, can still be purchased new from the supplier.
      Would like to find a deal on two used bags.
      Last edited by DEEPNHOCK; 12-24-2013, 03:58 PM.
      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I remember them on my Dad's cart. Back in the 60's & 70's, those were just saddle bags. My Dad also had the shoulder bag.
        Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
        1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

They are bigger than the satchel bags that the carriers place on their shoulder. They are not used as often as they used to be so not all post offices would have them or even know much about them. They are used mostly for foot routes in Downtown areas where it is easier to walk a large area than to try to find parking spaces. Sometimes if you contact the right postmaster, he/she could have some old ones in a storage area that are worn beyond use. If you just want some for display to go with a zip van, the postmaster may just give them to you to get rid of them. I once gave and old shoulder bag to a local theater company that needed one for a play. They gave me complimentary tickets to the play which I cheerfully attended. Make some phone calls, you may get lucky.
          Jon Stalnaker
          Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Working...
          X