Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how close to the end was this 1966 cruiser

vin c533409

The last one built was C534654. It is a Timberline Turquoise Cruiser and resides at the Studebaker National Museum. It was built on March 17, 1966.

Comment

Originally posted by ss27gogeta View Post
      vin c533409
      I'm going to guess that Vin # C533409 would of come off the line between Dec 10 to the 12th of 1965
      sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

What do you guys think I took a look at it today it looks to be in good shape
        Attached Files

Comment

Some pics of the underside
          Attached Files

Comment

That Cruiser looks especially clean for a native Midwest car...........and also has some nice options i.e. PS and power disc brakes.
            --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

I would jump all over that one!

Comment

Looks very nice. I see the tailite bezels are painted , that kind of says its an earlier 66 . I'm not sure of the exact date when they switched to chrome ones but it was sometime in January I think.
                sigpic

Comment

thay want 3500 for it I think I'm going to get it and pick it up in the spring I'm 22 and this will be my first Studebaker

Comment

Based on the pics You'll have a great first Studebaker .I had a 65 Cruiser that was just about identical inside and out,what a nice riding/driving daily driver it was.
                    Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Originally posted by 2R5 View Post
                      I'm not sure of the exact date when they switched to chrome ones but it was sometime in January I think.
                      January 6th, according to the Sales Letter: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ht=refreshaire

Craig

Comment

My Cruiser is C534088 date of manufacture approximately February 8th,1966. As 2R5 says your rear tail light bezels are painted not chromed so that would make it an earlier model. If your sill plates are narrow that is another indication it is an earlier model there was a change to a wider sill plate later in the year. When/if you buy the car request (purchase) the build sheet from the Museum. Some of the 1966 build sheets were misplaced so let's hope the one for that particular vehicle is still available.
                        sigpic
                        55 President Deluxe
                        64 Commander
                        66 Cruiser

37 Oldsmobile F37 4 Door

Comment

Has 43000 original miles and and comes with original option sheet owners manual owners identification with original owners signature warranty paperwork and other miscellaneous paperwork

Comment

Looks like a good find !
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 2moredoors View Post
                              If your sill plates are narrow that is another indication it is an earlier model there was a change to a wider sill plate later in the year.
                              January 17th was when the wider scuff plates were phased in: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...hlight=ac-4002

Craig

Comment

Working...
                              X