6 cyl Flight Hawk? NO WAY!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 cyl Flight Hawk? NO WAY!

Here's a very nicely done '56 Flight Hawk owned by My friend Dan. Powered by a small block Chevy, it features disc brakes and rack and pinion steering....This Stude is always a crowd favorite. Shown, of course, at the recent Ocean Bay Chapter 'Octoberfest'! (Dig that upper radiator hose routing!)
    Attached Files

Ought'a fly.

Comment

I see some really fine workmanship there! At first glance I thought the image was reversed showing the battery on the right side but then I realized that was really where it is. Nicely done.
      59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
      60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
      61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
      62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
      62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
      62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
      63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
      63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
      64 Zip Van
      66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
      66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Nicely done. I had the same thing in 1980.... a Flight Hawk with a 300 hp 327 tilt front hood. Mine badly needed traction bars.
        Bez Auto Alchemy
        573-318-8948
        http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

It sure would have been a lot easier, more functional and better looking to put a Real Stude. Radiator and Top Hose in that thing, instead of all that foolishness.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Yes, that small block has surely put the flight in that Hawk.

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
              It sure would have been a lot easier, more functional and better looking to put a Real Stude. Radiator and Top Hose in that thing, instead of all that foolishness.
              Sounds like someone got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                Well, if you're using a vertical flow radiator, you would want the inlet as near mid tank as possible. Frankly that's a pretty clean solution, very well crafted.

If it were for sale and I bought it, I'd stick with limiting the changes to the name on the title, otherwise enjoy immensely as is.

Comment

Working...
                X