No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

My name is Kevern Brown,I live in South Africa in a town called Pretoria. I have just joined the forum as I now own a 1957 Studebaker Provincial Station wagon. I found the car in a barn partially stripped although in very complete and rust free condition. I am missing one taillight and lots of beading. The major parts, headlight surrounds, window trim etc are all there. I am missing the front and back seats, all door panels, window winders etc are accounted for. The dash is original complete including the radio. The best part is the keys are hanging in the ignition.

The spare wheel is in place, all hubcaps are in superb condition. All in all it is a great car. I will be starting the hunt for various bits and pieces, any help will be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Kevern

Welcome aboard, Kevern. There may be a bit of "regional" terms you will need to help us with. I know what you mean by window "winders."...But explain "beading." May I suggest that you make sure to join the Studebaker Drivers Club. The monthly publication is well worth the dues. Also, search for and check out vendors from which to purchase the manuals for your car. It will make restoring, working on it, and owning the car much more enjoyable. Good luck with it. Also, when you get a chance, post pictures. We love pictures.
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Hi John,

I will post a few pics, thanks for the advice. Beading= Trim. I am sure trying to find a set of seats is going to be a challenge.

Comment

Sounds interesting! Is it right hand drive?

Craig

Comment

Here is a site for Studebaker vendors

It may be a little dated but you should be able to find many of your parts from the various vendors. Studebaker International has the largest selection of NOS (new old stock)parts and some reproduced, however many parts are available from other vendors. E Bay is another source. Good luck and joining the Studebaker Driver's Club (SDC) is a great idea. There were over one dozen SDC members located in South Africa listed in the 2011-2012 Roster. I noted at least one in Pretoria.
          Merry Christmas and good luck.
          sigpic
          55 President Deluxe
          64 Commander
          66 Cruiser

37 Oldsmobile F37 4 Door

Comment

Welcome to the forum Kevern. Todd

Comment

'57 Studebaker Provincials are great looking cars...rare even in the U.S. Best of luck with its restoration, and Happy Holidays!

Comment

Thank you for all the welcome messages, My car is a RHD.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevern Brown View Post
                  From one RHD country to another, welcome to the forum. Most of the parts you need will be available somewhere. And RHD stuff mostly from Australia.

Chris.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevern Brown View Post
                    Your car shares company with this '58 Provincial, which was also shipped new to South Africa.

Craig

Comment

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your nice find. Post lots of pictures and keep us updated on the progress.

Comment

Working...
                      X