PDA

View Full Version : Plans for Stude Jr farm wagon?

Doug Bowen
12-20-2013, 07:51 AM
As much as I enjoy my Studes, I equally enjoy woodworking.

I have looked through past posts regarding Jr Farm Wagons, but have not seen any information about PLANS to build one of these little guys.

Anyone know of detailed dimensional drawings of the "real deal" for sale?

Not interested in buying a wagon...I wanna build one.

Thanks,

D

DEEPNHOCK
12-20-2013, 08:07 AM
Plans are for sale on Ebay all the time......

(Just make sure you put a tribute tag on it when you are done):rolleyes:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Harvard-Studebaker-Junior-Farm-Wagon-Full-Size-Pattern-Blueprint-Plans-/291036468791?pt=Vintage_Antique_Toys_US&hash=item43c3201637

62champ
12-20-2013, 09:23 AM
Hey Doug,

Once you start full production, when can I put in my order? And instead of a Jr., I might want a 'senior' - something like a 3:1 scale...

Hope you have a great holiday and hopefully see you soon in 2014.

Doug Bowen
12-20-2013, 01:13 PM
Jeff...thank you very much! I'm on it!

Patrick... I'll put you in my tickler file for future sales.

Hoping you both have a great Christmas season.

D

Studebaker Wheel
12-20-2013, 05:06 PM
As mentioned those plans appear frequently on Ebay though I am not sure how accurate they are. I purchased six reproduction Juniors from Noah Stutzman of Baltic, Ohio maybe 10 years ago. I can attest to the quality and accuracy of his workmanship. Noah is Amish and doesn't have a phone or computer but if you wish to write him see his address on photo #1 below. Not sure of current price but at that time it was around $600. I ultimately re-sold all of them.

studeclunker
12-21-2013, 11:59 AM
The fully finished (quite beautiful) wagons are seven hundred dollars. The kits are three hundred-fifty. You will need wheels and I don't recommend building them yourself as they're quite an art in and of themselves requiring some rather unique equipment. Mr Stutzman sells the wheels for a hundred-sixty a set (steel tyres, quite a good price).
I would recommend buying at least the axles as well and have him set the boxings into the wheels.

Sounds like a great project! Best of everything!:D