'63 Avanti raffle just about gone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '63 Avanti raffle just about gone!

I know you are tired of hearing it but...there are only about 200 chances left on this beautiful Avanti.

Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

'Tis a beauty!
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

What's the serial number?
      64 GT Hawk (K7)
      1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Thanks for the heads up Brad, I got my order in just in time for Christmas. old digger

Comment

I saw this in TW and kept putting off buying a ticket. But, your little nudge got me off my duff so I bought a ticket. The Avanti has been my dream car since the day they came out. I've only ridden in once once and loved it. I'm on the left coast and would have no garage space for it, but I would sure love to have solve those dilemmas. Thanks for the reminder rockne10.
          Ed Sallia
          Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Serial number of the Avanti is R4242 Many more details on the car and many pictures on are on the Keystone website along with ordering instructions at www.sdckeystoneregion.com If you experience any difficulty ordering, or want more details on the car, I may be reached by phone at 717-574-1529 or emailed directly at larkregal62@aol.com. Brad gave this last heads up because with the small amount of tickets remaining, when the Ad hits Old Cars Weekly on Friday of this week--sell out is imminent--We want to give the Studebaker Community first shot. Good luck to all, and thank you for supporting our Project so that we can continue to support the Studebaker Museum, plus all the other projects for veterans and the promotion of our marque. Gordon F. Kertzel,111 Raffle Car Chairman Keystone Region Chapter Inc.

Comment

I tried to buy two tickets online early this morning but the site kept imitating the ACA website. Finally I called the club and the lady I talked to gave me Gordon Kertzel's (sp?) number. I reached him in the middle of his physical therapy session but he promised to call me back. True to his word, he called me back about an hour later and we went through the process again with him putting the data in on his end. Oddly, even though the site was still refusing my data at this end at that same instant, when he clicked on the buy button it finally went through.

Gordon, many thanks. Maybe since you were luckier than I was in putting the data in the fact that you input my data for the ticket will lift my computer curse and I'll be the owner of a '63 Avanti before too long.
              Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
              Kenmore, Washington
              hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
              '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
              '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
              '69 Pontiac Firebird
              (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)

Comment

www.sdckeystoneregion.com
                OR
                Send self-addressed, postage paid envelope with home phone# and email address (realize snail mail may be too late at this point.)
                along with check payable to:
                Keystone Region Chapter, INC
                Send to:
                Gordon Kertzel, Raffle Car chairperson
                181 Sand Pine Road, Indialantic, FL 32903
                Winning tickets will be drawn Saturday March 8th at 2pm at the York Swap Meet.
                Raffle questions: 717-574-1529 or larkregal62@aol.comwww.sdckeystoneregion.com for full details.
                Brad Johnson,
                SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I just went to the Keystone web site and entered all of the requested data. When I hit enter/buy, it looked like it bounced back without the credit card information. I do not know if it went through or not. I would like to purchase a chance, but I do not want to keep doing this online and possibly getting multiple charges.

Is there a way to check if my order went through or not? If not, I would like a chance.
                  Last edited by studegary; 12-19-2013, 11:35 AM.
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Gary,

I'd suggest calling Gordon so that he can do it for you. The site seems to have Obamacaresiteitis.
                    Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
                    Kenmore, Washington
                    hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
                    '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
                    '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
                    '69 Pontiac Firebird
                    (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)

Comment

Any one wanting tickets and having difficulty call me at number Rockne posted above or email me your phone number if it is a toll call for you, and I will call you and process over the phone. Again sorry for the problems but I will remedy them for you immediately, if you make things available to me Commander Eddie--I sent you a pm thatI did not receive an order from you for any tix. Are you among those experiencing trouble?? Thanks Gordon
                      Last edited by larkregal62; 12-19-2013, 03:19 PM. Reason: extra info

Comment

I just bought one online a few minutes ago,17:09, and all went well. So there is now one less.

Comment

I got mine online this afternoon, just could not pass up a chance at winning that beauty.
                          sigpic
                          1961 Flamingo Studebaker Hawk

Comment

Yes, you did Ross, order just put in envelope to go tomorrow thanks and good luck--now 180 left Gordon

Comment

Gordon, I just tried again this morning to purchase a ticket online and it went through this time.
                              Thanks for contacting me about this. I think I am good to go. Wish me luck. (And don't tell me wife).
                              Ed Sallia
                              Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Working...
                              X