Hawk wagon??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawk wagon??

I'm not up on every model Studebaker, but isn't this a LARK wagon?

Yes it is a Lark wagon. And a 1962 not 1963.

Comment

Nice one,

I can hear the seller now, "Lark, Hawk, what's the difference? You guys'r just too fussy. They're both birds aren't they. Jeez."
      Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
      Kenmore, Washington
      hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
      '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
      '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
      '69 Pontiac Firebird
      (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)

Comment

Originally posted by hausdok View Post
        Nice one,

I can hear the seller now,...You guys'r just too fussy.
        He'd have THAT part right
        Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

Comment

ROFLMAO!!!
          Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
          K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
          Ron Smith
          Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Neat car. I see he seems to have hedged his bets re the ID, also allowing that it may be a "DeSoto"... :-)

(Not being facetious, neat Aero-Willys in the background; wonder whether that's for sale too.)

S.

Comment

Comment

Now HERE'S a La , er Hark to go with that LATE 63 GT - remember the one that was built so late in the '63 model run that it got a '64 hood ornament and deck lid. This here "Hark" got built so EARLY that it got some '62 parts mixed in. Those guys on the production musta had SOME leeway as one model year slid to the next.
                No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

That car looks like it came from a warm winter state judging by the lack of at least visible rust..............
                  --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

And with the rare aftermarket wire wheel covers!
                    Brad Johnson,
                    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I like it and would easily give him 1/2 of his asking price.

Heck she even has a bra on!

Dean.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve T View Post
                        Neat car. I see he seems to have hedged his bets re the ID, also allowing that it may be a "DeSoto"... :-)

(Not being facetious, neat Aero-Willys in the background; wonder whether that's for sale too.)

S.
                        Now I see that DeSoto is the location of the 1962 Lark, not an identifier of the car.
                        Gary L.
                        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I politely tried to help him with the proper identification of the wagon pictured.

This is one of the replies that I received from the seller:
                          "Thank you for the "needless" information Captain Know-it-all. I have the title and I know what the title states. You must be a lonely individual to just randomly send stupid emails about stuff you have NO idea what you are talking about."

He may have the title for a 1963 Hawk in hand or the Serial Number/title for this 1962 Lark may be changed/altered.
                          Gary L.
                          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                            I politely tried to help him with the proper identification of the wagon pictured.

This is one of the replies that I received from the seller:
                            "Thank you for the "needless" information Captain Know-it-all. I have the title and I know what the title states. You must be a lonely individual to just randomly send stupid emails about stuff you have NO idea what you are talking about."

He may have the title for a 1963 Hawk in hand or the Serial Number/title for this 1962 Lark may be changed/altered.

Comment

At least it wasn't listed as a Studebaker Canary.... (that's a bird as well)
                              Heck, Santa could give it to me, I don't care whet the title says.
                              Merry Christmas!

Comment

Working...
                              X