brake line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brake line

need some new brake line's on my 63 hawk is there a vendor that can help me on this ? thank's

I believe the majority of us make our own, though stock lengths with fittings are available at most FLAPS and there are services that supply formed lines for specific models.
    If making your own, I suggest the new copper/nickel tubing. There is no chance of rusting and it is easy to form.
    Making them yourself is, by far, the quickest, simplest and cheapest way to go.
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

thanks rock, that is three of the best reasons I know to do it myself. I thought I probably could but did not know if it was something that most did i'll try it tomorrow, thanks again

Comment

3/16" nickel-copper line is available at NAPA. It's not cheap, I paid about $75.00 for a 25 ft. coil. I re-used most of the inverted flare fittings from the steel lines, and double flared the tube ends. I duplicated the bends with a tubing bender and by hand. It worked out very well.

Comment

You will need a double flaring tool, unless you buy the pre-built segment lengths.
          Cheap ones are functional.

Higher end are hydraulic.
          Brad Johnson,
          SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
          '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Try www.inlinetube.com or www.classictube.com both have "some" of the Studebaker patterns, I think in line tube has the lines in stainless, for under $200. If they do not have the patterns, send them your lines and they can make them up.

Jim
            "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
            their Memorials!

Comment

Working...
            X