Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• View from the roof of building 84

A picture is worth a thousand words.

The sign is owned by Tim Janowiak and is currently lighting up the sky high above downtown South Bend from the roof of building 84 like a pillar in the night, just representing Studebaker! The daytime photo gives it no justice, it looks incredible from street view in the dark. When I'm out that way tomorrow night I'll take my camera and get a couple photos.
    Chris Dresbach

Chris,
    That puts a stronger pulse back in all of us - Thanks.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
    MELBOURNE.

Comment

Just makes me want to cry. What would our cars look like today if they had stayed in business!
      Ed Sallia
      Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

I can't wait to see the night time view!

Chris.

Comment

Thanks for posting Chris.....fantastic !
          sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Thanks Chris! Looks great!
            sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
            Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
            "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Eddie View Post
              Just makes me want to cry. What would our cars look like today if they had stayed in business!
              I imagine mine would look the same. LOL

Comment

Great pic. Would love to see it lit up.

Originally posted by Commander Eddie View Post
                Well, they probably would have gone the way of the others. Grown to huge gas guzzlers by the mid 70s. Copied the Japanese and Europeans with little ugly econo boxes in the 80s. Perhaps they would have done a retro styled car in the 2000s. Like the Mini, Camaro, Mustang and Challenger. Perhaps a PT Cruiser, HHR, SSR type vehicle.

Comment

Wouldn't it be great if we could put a sign like that on top of Dover Downs for 2014 International Meet. That would be a sight to behold. I'll bring the extension cord if somebody brings the sign and a really big ladder!
                  sigpic
                  1961 Flamingo Studebaker Hawk

Comment

awesome!!!
                    sigpic

Mike Barany

Comment

Nice.. So its on wheels?

Comment

No, It is on a scissor Jack now and is anchored with cables to the roof. To get it there it was put on a large cart, taken up to the roof where we had to remove about a city block of snow, pushed to the northeast end of the building and gingerly lifted onto the Jack while sliding around on the icy rubber membrane coating the roof and secured. It was a bit of a pucker factor as fragile as those glass letters are and it being pretty dear to me as it was off the Freeman-Spicer Studebaker Dealership in South Bend. Getting it down will be another adventure but it's all worth it.

Comment

The neon signs are really cool and I can understand your enthusiasm and pride..

Comment

[QUOTE=SScopelli;805683]The neon signs are really cool and I can understand your enthusiasm and pride...

Looks like SScopelli found one of the clues in the dry southwest that pointed the way to the Whistler!
                            Mike Lynch
                            Sunnyslope, AZ

"Be kind and civil. Allow that you may be mistaken; allow that others will make mistakes, be gracious. If you're going to contribute, try to make it worthwhile."
                            Alan Taylor

Comment

Super-mighty-heavyduty-cool ! ! !

Comment

Working...
                              X