Name:	DSCN1223.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	108.5 KB
ID:	1742007Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1227.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	126.8 KB
ID:	1742008

The Champ now sports my wife's shop name on the doors, Hamilton Consignments.
    The business is off to a good start with daily sales. She's open afternoons & Saturdays.
    The brick building in the background is a former Exxon property that is being converted to artist studios.
    Her next door neighbor is an interior design firm. (formerly a body piercing studio)

good luck with her new "biz"!!!
    Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

At least in NY, the truck would now require commercial plates and commercial use insurance. Some people do not think of this until they get into trouble, like being stopped or being in an accident.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I hope she can get some work done. My Champ is same color but with the "fat" fenders, and I drive it daily. I also get accosted daily by folks want to see the truck and talk about Studebakers. Warn your wife she may find herself talking to more people than usual. On the other hand, that might be great for business!
        Ed Sallia
        Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

I had decals on my doors and was fortunate enough to be able to expense my rebuild through the business. Had to take them off for the drag races but I have a credit for a few more at the sign shop (about $30 per side). Nice Champ!
          Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I plan to give the CPA the invoice for the R1 rebuild. It's worth a shot. The Champ does double duty as my work truck & her furniture picker upper. (triple duty if there's a car show).
            Last edited by rbruner; 12-17-2013, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rbruner View Post
              Thanks for the advice. I plan to give the CPA the invoice for the R1 rebuild. It's worth a shot. The Champ does double duty as my work truck & her furniture picker upper. (triple duty if there's a car show).

Good deal.

Comment

Working...
              X