53 2r10 title help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 53 2r10 title help!!

SO familiar story, found a great "deal" on a rough project truck. I picked up a 53 2r10 pickup from a guy who was losing his storage so he was selling it cheap (not to mention rough....no gem but i like them that way) Anyway, no title to be had and it looks as though the "vin" tag is missing. I see the holes where it was supposed to be. The body tag is still there but i guess that's no use for getting a title. I know at times the engine serial number was used, but here in Ohio, it seems to be near impossible to get anything titled without ducks in a row. Im familiar with Broadway title ...does anybody know if ohio accepts their titles? Secondly, is there anybody reading this who would part with 2r series title and vin tag? Ohio would be best but I couldn't be picky if it would help. Would prefer 2r10 or maybe 2r5. I really dont want to put any money into this project before i get papers in order. I dont want to outright break the law or get anyone in hot water either but this must go on in the "rusty gold" family a lot. Any help is appreciated thanks!! PS love the forum its helped a lot.

In Michigan, the best way to go is to find a small town DMV that has some time and ask them what to do. Most will work with you.

They want your money so find a helpful office and get your title. I'll bet you need a bill of sale though for starters.

I'll bet Ohio is about the same.

Good luck, Bob

Comment

I think Broadway will tell you whether Ohio will accept their paperwork or not.
      Skip Lackie

Comment

I tried calling broadway and left a message..They are supposed to call back so I guess that is somewhere to start. I could give them my engine number to use as a vin I believe. My vin tag is missing so it seems like the best way to go. Im still keeping my eyes peeled for anybody with a title and vin tag they'd like to donate/sell. Maybe somebody with a parts truck etc. that wont see the road anyway? Let me know guys! thanks.

Comment

This is always a challenge and 5 different DMV folks will give you 18 different answers. I have swapped my "in queue" number more than once to get to the "right" window. Now that person has retired, but I'm about done trading vehicles anyway.

Comment

Broadway called me back. They said almost $900 bucks to get a title for me. Maybe good for someone with a high dollar resto but not for this guy. I'm still in the hunt for a good matched title and vin tag if anybody has them that they would part with.

Comment

found this on CL http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/an...180365970.html
              Not studes right now

Comment

Thanks for the help and advice so far. In the mean time check out a hand full of pics of my project in my profile. She's not a beauty but she's mine. I'd like to at least get a temporary fuel set up(the tank is of unknown contents and i dirty im sure) so i can fire it up and move it around if i need to. My yard is kind of small so its hard to fit any other vehicle in there to push/pull if the need arises. I played around the other day with the last hour or so of daylight and got it rolling over but it didnt fire as I dont have any gas hooked up. I do know it runs though, the guy i bought it from had it running for me before i purchased.

Comment

I am still looking for a good title for my 53 2r10 if anybody can help I'd appreciate it. I may be able to go to the county clerk office and go the court ordered title route but that is still a couple hundred dollars in court costs...yikes. A title with matching vin plate would be awesome but that is a long shot im sure. I dont have either.
                  I dont mean to sound like a cheap skate...but I am. Im sure hoping to get this things all legal before spring....then i'll start working on it with my kids. Thanks ahead of time!

Comment

There was a fellow advertising on the Studebaker Swap Page that had Studebaker titles and vin plates. Worth a look anyway.
                    Can't remember what years or model Studebakers they were for.
                    sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
                    Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
                    "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

I will certainly takea look! Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by 57pack View Post
                        There was a fellow advertising on the Studebaker Swap Page that had Studebaker titles and vin plates. Worth a look anyway.
                        Can't remember what years or model Studebakers they were for.
                        Im somewhat new around here...where is the "swap page"?

Comment

Hello, just google "Studebaker Swap Page" will come right up.
                          Has listings for the last three months. Just type in "titles" in the search box.
                          Last edited by 57pack; 01-11-2014, 09:36 AM.
                          sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
                          Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
                          "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Working...
                          X