53 Studebaker engin decals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other: 53 Studebaker engin decals

I am trying to put on my engine dacals and I am trying to get them off the sticky paper, but they will not come off, dose anyone have any idea how to peal them off or do you have to cut on the outline and stick them on, or what kind of glue do you have to use to stick them on thanks you all. Earl

First off, you did not say which Decals you are dealing with.

Usually you can see the clear perimeter around the design telling you it is a Decal.

A Sticker peals from the backing and sticks on the surface.

A DECAL is soaked a minute in a bowl of luke warm Water and carefully slide it off of the paper backing onto the desired surface.
    Then you work the water bubbles from the center out with a credit Card or similar plastic scraper.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Take it slow and easy, as the last that I used were apparently old stock & they started cracking... I ended up carefully trying to slide the little shreds of material into alignment... with some sticking to my fingers.... I finally got the oil filter cap decal looking pretty good, but am afraid to dust it now as it may flake off. It does help to have a drop of mild dishwashing soap in a cup of water to wet the surface before laying the decal on it.

Comment

It is the Oil Filter Decal and The Air Filter Decal that I am trying to get off the paper and on to the Oil Filter Cap, I did not know these things were going to be so hard to get off.is there an easier way. Thanks you all. Earl

Comment

Decals bring me back to my model railroading days. For protection once on apply some clear finish (your choice). With a stubborn, hard to get off the paper, just let it soak. Older decals can crack or disintegrate if forced off too early. Be patient. When ready it should come off with ease.

Comment

can I use Clear Coat that they use on Cars, I can get some for from the Body Paint shop Thanks Earl

Comment

Any spray clear coat should be fine. Any auto parts store will have it.

Comment

Originally posted by earles1985@aol.com View Post
                It is the Oil Filter Decal and The Air Filter Decal that I am trying to get off the paper and on to the Oil Filter Cap, I did not know these things were going to be so hard to get off.is there an easier way. Thanks you all. Earl
                I gave up on my oil filter decals. I suppose they were old and just deteriorated after soaking them in water.

Comment

Working...
                X