Prettiest Stude dash of the year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prettiest Stude dash of the year

And the award goes to this very restorable '36 Prez sedan on eBay. I just love all that chrome; and with a nice banjo wheel to top it off! [8D]

Matthew Burnette
    '59 Scotsman
    '63 Daytona
    Hazlehurst, GA

Cruising the Proving Ground Test Track

Wonder if that dash was all chrome like that originally. I think it was probably painted between the lines. Anyone Know?

This 31 President dash is also very nice. Simple but elegant.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

Wonder if that dash was all chrome like that originally. I think it was probably painted between the lines. Anyone Know?

This 31 President dash is also very nice. Simple but elegant.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

Hey Matthew. That would be a wonderful car for you to own and restore. At your age, you'd live long enough to get it finished too.

Comment

Hey Matthew. That would be a wonderful car for you to own and restore. At your age, you'd live long enough to get it finished too.

Comment

Yea, just what I need. [)] To me, the '36 sedans are among the prettiest prewar Studes built, second only to the '38 models. I need to get back on that Daytona though, it's been sitting for far too long already... [:I]

Matthew Burnette
            '59 Scotsman
            '63 Daytona
            Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Yea, just what I need. [)] To me, the '36 sedans are among the prettiest prewar Studes built, second only to the '38 models. I need to get back on that Daytona though, it's been sitting for far too long already... [:I]

Matthew Burnette
              '59 Scotsman
              '63 Daytona
              Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

You live with something for a while and you take it for granted. I would have to describe the '31 President dash as sublime.
                When I drive the Rockne my concern is with what the gauges are telling me. Only its static repose awakens me to its sculptured art nouveau form. Do you think they intended the gauge pod to look like a football?

Would I trade it for the President? Silly question.

Brad Johnson
                Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
                Brad Johnson,
                SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

You live with something for a while and you take it for granted. I would have to describe the '31 President dash as sublime.
                  When I drive the Rockne my concern is with what the gauges are telling me. Only its static repose awakens me to its sculptured art nouveau form. Do you think they intended the gauge pod to look like a football?

Would I trade it for the President? Silly question.

Brad Johnson
                  Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                  '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
                  Brad Johnson,
                  SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                  Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                  '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                  '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

quote:[i] Do you think they intended the gauge pod to look like a football?
                    AOL just did a page on concept car dashboards......... looks just like that on a new GM design. All information dead center, tilted slightly to the drivers side.

Comment

quote:[i] Do you think they intended the gauge pod to look like a football?
                      AOL just did a page on concept car dashboards......... looks just like that on a new GM design. All information dead center, tilted slightly to the drivers side.

Comment

quoteo you think they intended the gauge pod to look like a football?
                        That is a real beauty, Brad. The football design does indeed make sense, considering who the 'creator' of the Rockne was.

Matthew Burnette
                        '59 Scotsman
                        '63 Daytona
                        Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

quoteo you think they intended the gauge pod to look like a football?
                          That is a real beauty, Brad. The football design does indeed make sense, considering who the 'creator' of the Rockne was.

Matthew Burnette
                          '59 Scotsman
                          '63 Daytona
                          Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Working...
                          X