53 Champion, distributor wires on outside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical: 53 Champion, distributor wires on outside

I replace my Distributor and I seem to have an extra wire, there is one wire coming from the coil to the outside terminal of the distributor and there is a red wire I think was attach to the same terminal outside the distributor, can anyone help me solve this, thanks Earl

A little more info would sure help. Is this an Overdrive Car?

There should be a small 16 or 18 ga. wire from the Coil (+) Terminal to the Dist.
    IF it is still running a 6 Volt Positive Ground Battery.
    If you look closely with a flashlight there is a small (+) and (-) mark on the Coil.

With Overdrive, there would be another ground wire from the Overdrive Kick down Switch to the side of the Dist.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Yes it has overdrive, now dose that wire connect to the distributor side of the coil at the distributor terminal

Comment

Originally posted by earles1985@aol.com View Post
        Yes it has overdrive, now dose that wire connect to the distributor side of the coil at the distributor terminal
        Yes, if you re-read what you just said, it says exactly the same thing as this:
        With Overdrive, there would be another ground wire from the Overdrive Kick down Switch to the side of the Dist.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Thank you, again you are a great help

Comment

Working...
          X