Another motel full at Lancaster!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another motel full at Lancaster!

I understand one of the alternate motels at Lancaster is already filled for Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.

If you haven't received TW with alternate lodging information, go to the Meet web site. Look at the dropdown under "Meet Information" for more options. This one's getting BIG!

Note: The Continental is directly across a busy Route 30 from The Host. The Quality and Country Inn are both an easy walk on the same side as The Host.

Studebakers in Iowa, parts, service, Iowa Hawkeye Chapter Studebaker Drivers Club Truck avanti car Gravely STP

Brad Johnson
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

If you're into camping, we just got a spot reserved at the Old Mill Stream Campground right across the road from the host hotel: www.oldmillstreamcampground.com 717+299-2314.
    They come highly recommended by the Keystone Region. They aren't guaranteeing their 2008 rate yet though!

duane miller

Comment

If you're into camping, we just got a spot reserved at the Old Mill Stream Campground right across the road from the host hotel: www.oldmillstreamcampground.com 717+299-2314.
      They come highly recommended by the Keystone Region. They aren't guaranteeing their 2008 rate yet though!

duane miller

Comment

Well, here's what I know.
        Richard Dormois updated us on the lodging situation at the Upper Mississippi Zone Meet.

They added more hotels to the roster. All at the same rate. I really thought that he said full breakfast was included. Does anybody remember?

So....this year the Quality Inn starts at $85 a room. But in August, 2008 all of a sudden they are $95. You cannot at this point reserve a room with hotels.com or Orbitz. You have to be no more than 11 months out. Two are already full and there's three to go. Not knowing how many rooms are reserved, who knows how much time you have?

The host hotel is full and is normally $89 a night and our special rate is $99. Is there something I don't know about hotel rates?

It's a good thing I don't travel much.

I do know that sometimes you don't want to stay too far away from the host hotel cuz the traffic really sucks. Eg: Charlotte and Sacramento.

I guess I'm done ranting.
        Somebody enlighten me!!!

Claude Chmielewski
        Studeski

Fillmore, Wisconsin
        47 M-16 Truck
        62 GT Hawk
        63 Lark
        64 Commander Wagonaire
        50 Champion Regal (parts car)
        [img=left]http://www.studeski.com/62hawk/dakota01.jpg[/img=left]
        "One after another they volunteered how in their families and in their
        communities they were expected to be responsible for their behavior, how
        honesty was assumed to be the rule, not the exception. They also talked
        matter-of-factly about the sense of duty to their country, a sentiment not
        much in fashion anymore."
        1936 Dictator
        1950 Champion Regal 4 dr parts car
        1953 Commander Regal HT
        1953 2R5 Pickup
        1947 M16 Truck
        1960 Lark VIII Convertible
        1960 Champ 5E7 step side short box
        1962 Champ 7E5 no box
        1962 GT Hawk
        1963 Lark VI 4 dr
        1963 GT Hawk R2
        1964 Daytona Convertible
        1964 Commander Wagonaire

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” ~ Abraham Lincoln​

Comment

Well, here's what I know.
          Richard Dormois updated us on the lodging situation at the Upper Mississippi Zone Meet.

They added more hotels to the roster. All at the same rate. I really thought that he said full breakfast was included. Does anybody remember?

So....this year the Quality Inn starts at $85 a room. But in August, 2008 all of a sudden they are $95. You cannot at this point reserve a room with hotels.com or Orbitz. You have to be no more than 11 months out. Two are already full and there's three to go. Not knowing how many rooms are reserved, who knows how much time you have?

The host hotel is full and is normally $89 a night and our special rate is $99. Is there something I don't know about hotel rates?

It's a good thing I don't travel much.

I do know that sometimes you don't want to stay too far away from the host hotel cuz the traffic really sucks. Eg: Charlotte and Sacramento.

I guess I'm done ranting.
          Somebody enlighten me!!!

Claude Chmielewski
          Studeski

Fillmore, Wisconsin
          47 M-16 Truck
          62 GT Hawk
          63 Lark
          64 Commander Wagonaire
          1936 Dictator
          1953 Commander Regal HT
          1953 2R5 Pickup
          1947 M16 Truck
          1962 Champ 7E5 no box
          1962 GT Hawk
          1963 Lark VI 4 dr
          1963 GT Hawk R2
          1964 Daytona Convertible
          1964 Commander Wagonaire

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” ~ Abraham Lincoln​

Comment

Claude: The $99 per night rate is the extra special, super duper SDC rate, you know, the rate because we bring so many people to one spot in order to get the 'special rate'. The $89 rate is for everyone else, you know the one or two at a time. Apparently you have not attended many national SDC meets. We always have a VERY SPECIAL rate, you know, more than the average Joe pays. It's called 'politics'!!!

toyman

Comment

Claude: The $99 per night rate is the extra special, super duper SDC rate, you know, the rate because we bring so many people to one spot in order to get the 'special rate'. The $89 rate is for everyone else, you know the one or two at a time. Apparently you have not attended many national SDC meets. We always have a VERY SPECIAL rate, you know, more than the average Joe pays. It's called 'politics'!!!

toyman

Comment

This thread prompted me to find somewhere to make reservstions. Red Roof Inn looks to be next door or right across the street from the host hotel. I got the full week and the most expensive room was $99.

ErnieR

Comment

This thread prompted me to find somewhere to make reservstions. Red Roof Inn looks to be next door or right across the street from the host hotel. I got the full week and the most expensive room was $99.

ErnieR

Comment

quote:Originally posted by toyman

toyman
                    Actually I have attended quite a few. This is the first time I noticed that the add-on hotels had to inflate the rate for us. I don't always use the meet hotel anyway. In Rapid City I was at the Super 8. It was across town but the traffic was not horrific. I stayed at the alternate in Sacramento and it was a dump. I stayed at the Sheraton in Charlotte, a block away, it was head and shoulders above the meet hotel. And I finally upgraded from the Motel 6 in South Bend.

Claude Chmielewski
                    Studeski

Fillmore, Wisconsin
                    47 M-16 Truck
                    62 GT Hawk
                    63 Lark
                    64 Commander Wagonaire
                    1936 Dictator
                    1953 Commander Regal HT
                    1953 2R5 Pickup
                    1947 M16 Truck
                    1962 Champ 7E5 no box
                    1962 GT Hawk
                    1963 Lark VI 4 dr
                    1963 GT Hawk R2
                    1964 Daytona Convertible
                    1964 Commander Wagonaire

Comment

quote:Originally posted by toyman

toyman
                      Actually I have attended quite a few. This is the first time I noticed that the add-on hotels had to inflate the rate for us. I don't always use the meet hotel anyway. In Rapid City I was at the Super 8. It was across town but the traffic was not horrific. I stayed at the alternate in Sacramento and it was a dump. I stayed at the Sheraton in Charlotte, a block away, it was head and shoulders above the meet hotel. And I finally upgraded from the Motel 6 in South Bend.

Claude Chmielewski
                      Studeski

Fillmore, Wisconsin
                      47 M-16 Truck
                      62 GT Hawk
                      63 Lark
                      64 Commander Wagonaire
                      1936 Dictator
                      1953 Commander Regal HT
                      1953 2R5 Pickup
                      1947 M16 Truck
                      1962 Champ 7E5 no box
                      1962 GT Hawk
                      1963 Lark VI 4 dr
                      1963 GT Hawk R2
                      1964 Daytona Convertible
                      1964 Commander Wagonaire

Comment

Thanks to SDC (and their very special national meet co-ordinator) to convince the 'add-on' motels to adjust their rates UPWARD just for us.

toyman

Comment

Thanks to SDC (and their very special national meet co-ordinator) to convince the 'add-on' motels to adjust their rates UPWARD just for us.

toyman

Comment

Working...
                          X