A couple of fairly nice 64 & 65 Daytonas on C/L

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple of fairly nice 64 & 65 Daytonas on C/L

Too bad about the engine on the '64. Still looks to be a fairly nice car for the money.

The '64 Daytona "looks" nice... too bad it does not have its original power plant.

Comment

Originally posted by 62champ View Post
      The '64 Daytona "looks" nice... too bad it does not have its original power plant.

Still has a 'Stude' V8 though.
      --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

the 64 was sold to a gentleman from Valdese NC. very nice car guy. This is his first Studebaker
        D

Comment

Both Ads are gone already, what was under the Hood of that very nice '64 Daytona?
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

259 from a earlier lark. I was told on this forum that originally it had a 289 that had a bad rod. The owner had the 259 available and put that in the car. All this was before in came east.....originally it was from the northwest us.

Comment

Originally posted by deves2 View Post
              259 from a earlier lark. I was told on this forum that originally it had a 289 that had a bad rod. The owner had the 259 available and put that in the car. All this was before in came east.....originally it was from the northwest us.
              Yes, this car was in the Portland, OR area. It had a 259" that had issues, and my parts customer had a very good used 259" engine - thought it was a '59 rather than a '60 as stated in the ad - but no difference. I thought it was odd that a couple of people stated it was "too bad" that it had an earlier engine. Hey - a good Studebaker V-8 is a great engine! The car had lots of parts renewed - front end, axle bearings, rear springs, brakes, etc. It didn't even need that level of new parts, but the then owner wanted it right. So, it should be a great car for a new owner.

Comment

Looks like the head light doors were blacked out "just around the bulbs".otherwise I think it appears as it should
                Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Originally posted by 63t-cab View Post
                  otherwise I think it appears as it should
                  You must'a missed that ill-fitting hood and the 'Studebaker' emblems on the fender, eh?

StudeDave '57
                  StudeDave '57
                  US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                  SDC Member since 1985

past President
                  Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                  San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                  San Diego Chapter SDC
                  North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Originally posted by Studebakercenteroforegon View Post
                    Yes, this car was in the Portland, OR area. It had a 259" that had issues, and my parts customer had a very good used 259" engine - thought it was a '59 rather than a '60 as stated in the ad - but no difference. I thought it was odd that a couple of people stated it was "too bad" that it had an earlier engine. Hey - a good Studebaker V-8 is a great engine! The car had lots of parts renewed - front end, axle bearings, rear springs, brakes, etc. It didn't even need that level of new parts, but the then owner wanted it right. So, it should be a great car for a new owner.
                    I think it was from a '59 as someone stated here: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...-Daytona-Value

Craig

Comment

Key words "I think",now I see Studebaker instead of Daytona .maybe the hood isn't latched completely?,either way no biggie.it can either be adjusted,or chalk it up to Studebaker QC - I really think it has less value than the non origional engine it sports .
                      Originally posted by StudeDave57 View Post
                      You must'a missed that ill-fitting hood and the 'Studebaker' emblems on the fender, eh?

StudeDave '57
                      Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Originally posted by Studebakercenteroforegon View Post

I just meant that it was too bad the original power plant needed to be replaced at some point because the car did look to me to be fairly stock. Admittedly, I am no expert. Most folks here know much more about Studebakers I will ever know, especially about those cars built in the 1960s. I agree that it is a good thing it at least still has a Studebaker V8 under the hood rather than a SBC, etc. (no offense intended toward those who have done this!)

Comment

Working...
                        X