Sms cut and sewn carpet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sms cut and sewn carpet

Has anyone purchased a cut and sewn carpet from SMS, and if so, how did you like the carpet and the fit?
    THANKS

I bought front carpet from for my 50 Hudson sedan. I ordered the original type wool and cost about 350.00 with shipping. My daughter and I work 2 days to get it to fit right. It still has a couple of bubbles. Where they sewed the hump it sticks up, so it won't lay very flat. I attributed to the carpet being so heavy. Regular cut pile or loop may tailor better because of thinner and lighter. I've toyed of the idea of cutting the bubbles and seam , removing the excess, butt them and glue it down. But I keep thinking how much I paid and can't bring myself to do it. I would buy from them again because of availability and quality of original fabrics.
    Hope this helps,
    Kim

Comment

Purchased a set for my 83 Avanti. It fit fine and I'm happy with the quality for the price.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010246-001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	115.4 KB
ID:	1686750

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by sweetolbob View Post
        Purchased a set for my 83 Avanti. It fit fine and I'm happy with the quality for the price.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30256[/ATTACH]

Bob
        WOW! ...Burgandy and Silver interior........NICE!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
          WOW! ...Burgandy and Silver interior........NICE!!!!!!!!!
          Thanks Ed, just a quick thought on the 83's. I sent a leather sample from under the seats to Leatherique so they could match the color, the gal called me with a few questions and said that was one of the heaviest and nicest pieces of leather they have seen from a car interior.

Another reason I think those cars were the best quality of the SBC series.

Bob

Comment

Great interior. That is one of the great things about Avanti IIs...neat interiors...which you can change part of if you don't care for it and still be "correct".

Were 83s Blake, or pre-Blake? In a magazine article I have, he bad-mouths the quality of then cars produced immediately before he took over.
            It's good to hear from an owner.
            63 Avanti R1 2788
            1914 Stutz Bearcat
            (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Originally posted by JBOYLE View Post
              Were 83s Blake, or pre-Blake? In a magazine article I have, he bad-mouths the quality of then cars produced immediately before he took over.
              All 1983 model Avantis were Blake. (Blake 1983-1985).
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by JBOYLE View Post
                In a magazine article I have, he bad-mouths the quality of then cars produced immediately before he took over.
                John, I can't speak to the ones produced immediately before Blake but the 74 I'm working on does NOT hold a candle to the 83 in build quality and materials used. Of course, the Window Sticker reflects those differences.

Thanks, Bob

Comment

Working...
                X