Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boomerang -- bought my old car back/any shop in the OC open on Saturday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boomerang -- bought my old car back/any shop in the OC open on Saturday?

I spoke to the owner of my old car yesterday and worked out a price, etc. He seems like a great guy. I'm going down Saturday morning and driving Matilda (my 59 Lark six) back home. Its been on a few nice trips over the past three years, Palm Springs to Dallas TX, Dallas TX to Calfornia City and from there to Newport beach. Now its coming home. Of all the cars I've owned, that has been and remains my favorite car, six cylinder and all. Does anyone in Orange county know if there is a place open on Saturday to take a look at it? According to him, the brake lights are a sometimes thing and the pedal takes 1 pump to get the braking. I'd like to get it checked before I leave town with it.

There are 1000's of garages open on Saturday in Orange County, the trick is...to find any that know how to fix Studebaker's.

Here's the only one I know of, Walt (the owner) worked on a 1962 GT Hawk I owned.

Walt was recommended to me by Custom Auto Service in Santa Ana, that only works on Packards.

Hemingway's Garage - 818 E. 4th Street Santa Ana - 714-543-8093 / Don't recall if Walt is open on Saturday, you'll have to call and ask.

The usual cause why brake lights don't work is the brake (stop) lamp switch that is pressure activated. The little charmer gets clogged up with dirty brake fluid.

Studebaker: 666858 / Ford: C1AZ-13480-A (replaced 0A-13480) .. Brake (Stop) Lamp Switch (Motorcraft SW-24) ~ Ford applications: 1940/66 myriad FoMoCo vehicles.

btw: I have a pair of PALM SPRINGS STUDEBAKER license plate frames, new originals in the package, never installed.
    Last edited by WinM1895; 12-04-2013, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the information. I got a hold of Jason at orange county studebakers, He's gonna meet me on Saturday and do a quick checkover on the car. Send me an email with how much you want for them. I'd definitely be interested in them.

Comment

You can have the frames for FREE...but you'll have to come and get them. My email address: sylhall@aol.com
        Last edited by WinM1895; 12-04-2013, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Two scores in one day!!!

Nice job Bob.

StudeDave '57
          StudeDave '57
          US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
          SDC Member since 1985

past President
          Whatcom County Chapter SDC
          San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
          San Diego Chapter SDC
          North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Absolutely. I've kicked myself in the butt many times for getting rid of that car. I'm thrilled to have her back.

Comment

Congratulations, Bob!

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

63lark,
                Jason is a good guy and knows his Studebakers. He also works on other old cars, but Studebakers are the main. He has my 56 Power Hawk right now.
                Walter

Comment

Working...
                X