Identification help please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identification help please.

I was rooting around in a pile of Studebaker stuff I recently purchased in a lot deal and came across a perfect full set of full wheel covers they have an "S" in the center but the center is red not white like most I've seen. Please can someone off the top of your head tell me what kind of car they would be from(Studebaker) The Woman I bought this load from said her husband was into 59-61 Studebakers ....Thanks all in advance. I would post a pic but haven't an account with photo bucket yet.
    Patrick Sammon

I believe 1962 has the red centers.

Comment

yes 1962 wheel covers had red centers. I am sure someone will post a picture.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by effiedude View Post
        I was rooting around in a pile of Studebaker stuff I recently purchased in a lot deal and came across a perfect full set of full wheel covers they have an "S" in the center but the center is red not white like most I've seen. Please can someone off the top of your head tell me what kind of car they would be from(Studebaker) The Woman I bought this load from said her husband was into 59-61 Studebakers ....Thanks all in advance. I would post a pic but haven't an account with photo bucket yet.
        FWIW, I believe that you can post pictures from your computer on both General and Tech Discussions as well as with Photobucket. Outside sourcing is necessary for the other discussions.

Bob

Comment

The '62 Wheelcovers were different for Lark vs. Hawk.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2 Dr. Sedan.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	1686693 Click image for larger version

Name:	62Daytona and GT.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	134.3 KB
ID:	1686694 Black Outer area on Hawk, White on Lark.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I knew You would know the answer Rich! And thanks to all the others on the forum that took the time to answer my query. The caps I have are full covers with the white outer area. I haven't any need for the so if someone out there in Studebaker land needs them Lemme know and we'll make a price of trade works too. They are real nice and clean!
            Patrick Sammon

Comment

Originally posted by effiedude View Post
              So if you're on Face Book all you have to do is copy the url from there. Make sure the pictures are public, however.

Comment

If you find a like wheel cover without the S or any paint, it's from a Checker.

Checker purchased the tooling circa 1967, installed the wheel covers on Superba sedans/station wagons and some taxi-cabs.

Comment

Originally posted by WinM1895 View Post
                  If you find a like wheel cover without the S or any paint, it's from a Checker.

Checker purchased the tooling circa 1967, installed the wheel covers on Superba sedans/station wagons and some taxi-cabs.

Here's my photos from a Checker from the 70's , I think. As you can see the center is not blank.
                  Attached Files
                  KURTRUK
                  (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by kurtruk View Post
                    Here's my photos from a Checker from the 70's , I think. As you can see the center is not blank.
                    Did I say the center was blank? No.

Do you see an S in this wheel cover? No...and I don't either.

Palindrome, a word or sentence that reads the same forwards/backwards: A man, a plan, a canal, Panama / Madam, I'm Adam / Able was I, ere I saw Elba.
                    Last edited by WinM1895; 12-06-2013, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X