PDA

View Full Version : Studebaker in Crate & Barrel Holiday Promo

Andy R.
12-03-2013, 09:47 PM
Keep an eye out for the 2014 Crate & Barrel "Tree Lot" catalog - it has a gorgeous '63 Daytona on the cover!

http://i.c-b.co/is/image/Crate/tree_lot_car_4b?&fmt=jpeg&wid=600

It's also featured on their website: http://www.crateandbarrel.com/treelot/

Could this be the most widespread ad campaign in recent history with a Studebaker featured prominently on the cover?

R_David
12-03-2013, 09:50 PM
Wow! Free advertising! If only an SDC sticker was visible somewhere... :mad:

bezhawk
12-03-2013, 10:09 PM
Not Daytona trim. Looks like an F,with stainless trim around the windows, not a J body.

kurtruk
12-03-2013, 10:27 PM
Wait for their catalog to load...slowly scroll through, there's a cute reward at the end. :!:

sals54
12-04-2013, 02:02 AM
Wait for their catalog to load...slowly scroll through, there's a cute reward at the end. :!:

Well, you were right about the scrolling. It takes awhile, but well worth it. I love how the Daytona drives across at the end. Very cool.
I'm not normally Bordeaux Red fan, but it looks fabulous on this car and in this ad. Makes me want one…. really bad.

qsanford
12-04-2013, 06:51 AM
It looks like an F6 Custom Series two door sedan. Top of the line sedan! Nice and rare.

Pat Dilling
12-04-2013, 08:19 AM
Very cool, glad to see they put a piece of carpet under the Christmas tree to protect the paint!

Commander Eddie
12-04-2013, 08:20 AM
This and the potato TV ad may be pointing to a trend in advertising to use defunct auto brands. I doubt they have to pay to use a Chevy or Ford in their ads, but having a car most people may not be familiar with may stir interest. Maybe we'll get some new members out of the deal. :)

Bordeaux Daytona
12-04-2013, 08:31 AM
Cool! Just used that picture as the background on my computer. :)

4961Studebaker
12-04-2013, 09:47 AM
The wife is a crate and barrel shopper, when asking her about it just now, she said she had noticed the email several weeks ago! Why oh why didn't she mention it? :confused: she recognizes the, all things Studebaker sickness I do believe.

Car looks great, and animation at the end was a nice extra. Well done promo piece with wide exposure IMHO displaying the Make and retailer. It was enough form me to forward the email to 3 other people.

Not sure if anything will come of it, but I contacted customer service asking for any printed promo pieces pertaining to this holiday piece, with links to the publicity of their ad here on the forum.
So, if the ad is more than an internet branch of the ad department hopfully I'll receive several copies. ( I did mention SEVERAL for Studebaker friends :!:)

LarkTruck
12-04-2013, 05:43 PM
You beat me to it guys. I was casing mail this morning and a copy of this catalog fell to the floor face up. With the address on the back cover, if it hadn't fallen, I would have delivered it to my customer and never seen the LARK. Is that karma or what? Crate and Barrel is headquartered in Naperville Il. Anyone recognize the car or know the owner?
Jim

4961Studebaker
12-06-2013, 12:38 PM
I asked, and should receive some in the mail. No mention as to how many, just said they were sending several. I'll update later.

Bordeaux Daytona
12-06-2013, 03:38 PM

Yeah, that is neat. I was hoping that package was hiding a low mounted Avanti powered emblem. Oh well.
There's 5 different pictures at the beginning if you scroll slowly. I saved them all using right click - save.
Is there going to be any room inside for passengers with all those presents? :eek: Also just noticed the antenna on the right rear.

Bordeaux Daytona
12-06-2013, 04:10 PM
Just noticed these two.:)

qsanford
12-06-2013, 04:47 PM
At least the Christmas Tree is in the correct position! (Stump foreward) We live in an area of many Christmas Tree farms and it is amazing the numbers of trees facing top foreward we have seen going down the road, losing branches and needles. Not so bad since the advent of the wrap with net trend!

Mark L
12-07-2013, 04:44 AM
The car was staged well. With that much snow on the ground, I'd expect to see more snow/salt/slush mix on the fenders and doors.

Beautiful car.

Mark L

2R2
12-07-2013, 01:59 PM
Think it could be this one?

I took this picture at the local Mundelein, Illinois show this past August. Mundelein is a north suburb of Chicago, so the area is not to far from Crate and Barrel's headquarters. No idea who owns it. Car is a 259/auto/bench seat car, a nice driver.

Deaf Mute
12-07-2013, 02:18 PM
Gee.... SOMEONE ought to know the owner! If my car was being used, i would let the WHOLE WORLD know it was mine.

kurtruk
12-07-2013, 11:45 PM
Think it could be this one?

I took this picture at the local Mundelein, Illinois show this past August. Mundelein is a north suburb of Chicago, so the area is not to far from Crate and Barrel's headquarters. No idea who owns it. Car is a 259/auto/bench seat car, a nice driver.

Well, I'd say the signature clue in the Crate & Barrel car would be the antenna on the right rear. Not visible on the car Eric shot. The signature clue on the car Eric shot would be the green and yellow sticker on the windshield by the driver. Also not visible on the Crate & Barrel car. Not that either one of them is not there. You just can't tell.

In regards to geography, the ad agency that did the shoot could be anywhere. Probably wouldn't be Crate & Barrel themselves.

kurtruk
12-07-2013, 11:50 PM
I notice both cars lack color in the center of the wheelcovers, although I don't know what it should be.

Bordeaux Daytona
12-08-2013, 07:56 PM
Well, I'd say the signature clue in the Crate & Barrel car would be the antenna on the right rear. Not visible on the car Eric shot. The signature clue on the car Eric shot would be the green and yellow sticker on the windshield by the driver. Also not visible on the Crate & Barrel car. Not that either one of them is not there. You just can't tell.

In regards to geography, the ad agency that did the shoot could be anywhere. Probably wouldn't be Crate & Barrel themselves.

I can make out the antenna in the back. So I'd say it's the car in the ad.

4961Studebaker
12-14-2013, 08:24 AM
Customer service came through the other day!

I received 5 copies (all are spoken for!) in which the 63 is displayed only twice in print, (see post 14), the front cover and the shot with all the wrapped presents on top and inside the car.

I sent a follow up email thanking them and assured them that at least a few Stude customers would stop by their store, because all the chocolate candy in the rest of the add looks delicious!

omstude
12-14-2016, 11:12 PM
Keep an eye out for the 2014 Crate & Barrel "Tree Lot" catalog - it has a gorgeous '63 Daytona on the cover!

http://i.c-b.co/is/image/Crate/tree_lot_car_4b?&fmt=jpeg&wid=600

It's also featured on their website: http://www.crateandbarrel.com/treelot/

Could this be the most widespread ad campaign in recent history with a Studebaker featured prominently on the cover?

Did anyone catch that it's actually NOT a Daytona?

BobPalma
12-15-2016, 06:08 AM
:) 'Nice to see this brought back for Christmas time.

The car has to be the same one Eric posted in Post #17. In Post #17, you can see the odd rear antenna, as on the subject car. The subject car is indeed a 1963 Lark Custom 2-door; the same model as The Stude Tomato and Joe Flannery's black 1963 Custom 2-door, both of which are R2-powered cars (although the subject car is not).

Still, does anyone know the owner of the car in the ad? It looks nice. :cool: BP

bezhawk
12-15-2016, 09:42 AM
See post #6.
Or see post 3

rodnutrandy
12-16-2016, 12:37 PM
This was at a cracker barrel on the the stand they have on the table 60600

StudeRich
12-16-2016, 02:04 PM
It's not only NOT a Daytona Hardtop, but also NOT Bordeaux Red, it's a '63 Lark Custom 2 Door Sedan in original Regal Red and it looks AWESOME! :!:

A drop dead Beautiful Lark! :cool: