Amazing custom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazing custom

In the December 12th issue of Old Cars magazine, there is a picture of a custom-built '51 Studie woodie. Go to www.hillsrodandcustom.com to see it.
    peter lee

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

This car was at the SEMA show in Las Vegas last month. It looks even better "live" than it does in the picture. VERY well done.
      Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
      '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
      '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
      '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

Comment

That is one fabulous custom job.

Comment

Looks like the headlights from a 1937 Ford.
          Learned to drive on a 37 Ford, and the clutch
          survived!
          Beautiful!
          sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
          Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
          "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

What an envision come true. Simply beautiful. jimmijim
            sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

This is without doubt one of the best renditions of a custom Studebaker we have seen, a really fine piece of work. The wood work is amazing. I made some small simple pieces of wood trim for my Stiletto three wheeler, and that was quite a bit of work, so I can really appreciate what these guys have done.

The front bumpers are very similar to the rear bumper we made for the Stiletto. I don't recognize these, so they must be custom made, but they have to be made from something. Anyone here recognize where they came from or what they were made from?

Mine was made by cutting and pasting an old Fiat Spyder rear bumper.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Rear Bumper.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	1686691Click image for larger version

Name:	CardPhoto.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	102.5 KB
ID:	1686692
              Last edited by 48skyliner; 12-04-2013, 11:22 AM.
              Trying to build a 48 Studebaker for the 21st century.
              See more of my projects at stilettoman.info

Comment

This looks very much like a "Copy" of the Washington State location, '50 Champion actual "Woodie Wagon" that looks like a wagon, it's even the same Dark Green.

It was done by a Cabinet Shop Owner, also just fabulous wood work.
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

The bumpers look similar to what was used on 1953/55 Corvette's, but the "Dagmar's" appear to be larger.

Comment

Working...
                  X