Packard Building in PHiladelphia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Packard Building in PHiladelphia

We went to downtown Philadelphia to a unique museum that my son wanted to visit (http://www.wagnerfreeinstitute.org), but on our way there we passed a building with a big "Packard" logo out front. It has been a number of years since I drove down Broad St. and don't remember ever seeing this before, but I am sure it was there just not so highlighted. Anyway here is what I found out about the building. I plan to go back another time to really check it out.

Examiner has transformed into a major player in financial news. Think stocks, crypto, banks - if it's about money, it's on Examiner.com.
    Dan White
    64 R1 GT
    64 R2 GT
    58 C Cab
    57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

The Packard Motor Car Building at 317N. Broad St.
    Was the area Packard factory showroom and one
    time some car assembly was done there. Later years
    Parts were distributed there.
    This building is now home to luxury apartments.
    sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
    Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
    "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Architect Bernard Maybeck's Earle C. Anthony Inc building @ 1000 S. Hope Street in downtown LA was recently converted to condo's. Known as Packard Lofts.

Anthony was the CA Packard Distributor from 1905 thru 1956.

Comment

Comment

There is an old Packard dealership building on Richmond Terrace here in Staten Island!!! You can still make see the words: Packard Sales and Service.
          1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
          X